Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Old 03-12-09, 09:11 AM
  #126  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 31,779
Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by lovgun7
22 sir
22 and stealing Icee's?
Old 03-12-09, 09:53 AM
  #127  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,551
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Just stumbled across this thread, genius
Old 03-12-09, 10:08 AM
  #128  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Just stumbled across this thread, genius
Same here. Was wondering how the heck can a thread with this title get 4 pages long, and found comedy silver.

And while I'm all for sarcastic posts and stupid banter, I definitely expected at least a severe warning/suspension for the OP.
Old 03-12-09, 09:40 PM
  #129  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 818
Posts: 637
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by Trevor
Same here. Was wondering how the heck can a thread with this title get 4 pages long, and found comedy silver.

And while I'm all for sarcastic posts and stupid banter, I definitely expected at least a severe warning/suspension for the OP.
really ? for what ?
Old 03-12-09, 09:58 PM
  #130  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by lovgun7
really ? for what ?
I'm overly sensitive to it perhaps, but what you detail in the first post is theft. Just because it's easier to do than stealing DVDs, doesn't mean it isn't the same thing.

Then add the mom comment on top of that...

But you and the thread are highly entertaining, and I'll never be a mod, so please carry on. I was just adding my two cents to try to keep you toned down perhaps, but it didn't come out right.
Old 03-13-09, 02:09 AM
  #131  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 818
Posts: 637
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by Trevor
I'm overly sensitive to it perhaps, but what you detail in the first post is theft. Just because it's easier to do than stealing DVDs, doesn't mean it isn't the same thing.

Then add the mom comment on top of that...

But you and the thread are highly entertaining, and I'll never be a mod, so please carry on. I was just adding my two cents to try to keep you toned down perhaps, but it didn't come out right.
so when you go into like Mcdonalds, burger king, sonics... etc. and they have the soda dispencers (the ones you fill up yourself) you only fill up once ?? anything more would be theft ? hmm i honestly never saw it that way .... i guess NOW i know why people have been upset.

and if you notice the dude took a shot at me first before i made the mom comment... but the way people are looking at it its making it seem as though i should have just taking the joke and moved on without responding ... which doesnt seem fair no matter how long the guy has been posting here...

and if i were to get suspended or banded id rather it be for the thread then for the comment because like i said before WE ALL BUST BALLS here does that mean that anyone that has made fun of anybody should be suspended/banned?

Last edited by lovgun7; 03-13-09 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-13-09, 02:21 AM
  #132  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
UAIOE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: LV-426
Posts: 6,598
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Eating in a restaurant and filling up your cup *in the store* is different than coming back the next day and filling it up (again) or driving to a different McDonald's/whatever and filling it up.
Old 03-13-09, 04:20 AM
  #133  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: A National Park
Posts: 4,964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

No shit! I just discovered this thread.

I dont know whats more sad, stealing icees (I was just at Target and thought about getting one, hence why I clicked) that cost $1.25 or going to Target 3 times a week. For a 22 year old thats damn sad! At least lie man. Dont admit to this shit like youre proud!
Old 03-13-09, 08:59 AM
  #134  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: closer than you'd like
Posts: 1,668
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Dont admit to this shit like youre proud!
Word.

So ridiculous on so many levels.

Let the dogpile continue...
Old 03-13-09, 11:37 AM
  #135  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 31,779
Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by lovgun7
so when you go into like Mcdonalds, burger king, sonics... etc. and they have the soda dispencers (the ones you fill up yourself) you only fill up once ?? anything more would be theft ? hmm i honestly never saw it that way .... i guess NOW i know why people have been upset.

and if you notice the dude took a shot at me first before i made the mom comment... but the way people are looking at it its making it seem as though i should have just taking the joke and moved on without responding ... which doesnt seem fair no matter how long the guy has been posting here...

and if i were to get suspended or banded id rather it be for the thread then for the comment because like i said before WE ALL BUST BALLS here does that mean that anyone that has made fun of anybody should be suspended/banned?
As UAIOE pointed out there is a big difference. One allows refills (McDonalds) during the same visit. They don't say keep the cup and come back when you want. Do you go to all you can eat buffets and take the plate home and then expect to come back a few days later and fill it back up for free?

Man, if only gas stations were like the Target Icee machines... Oh, you probably wouldn't know that since you ride your bike.
Old 03-13-09, 12:59 PM
  #136  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 471
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
As UAIOE pointed out there is a big difference. One allows refills (McDonalds) during the same visit. They don't say keep the cup and come back when you want. Do you go to all you can eat buffets and take the plate home and then expect to come back a few days later and fill it back up for free?

Man, if only gas stations were like the Target Icee machines... Oh, you probably wouldn't know that since you ride your bike.
I ride my bicycle out in the summer every day and have sometimes gone from McDonalds to McDonalds getting refills, no employees there care, lol
Old 03-13-09, 02:27 PM
  #137  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 3,546
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Thanks for making a slow week at work so much fun!!!!

Please don't stop!!!
Old 03-13-09, 11:12 PM
  #138  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
UAIOE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: LV-426
Posts: 6,598
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by Isny
I ride my bicycle out in the summer every day and have sometimes gone from McDonalds to McDonalds getting refills, no employees there care, lol
Old 03-13-09, 11:23 PM
  #139  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 471
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by UAIOE
Old 03-14-09, 04:18 AM
  #140  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 818
Posts: 637
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by Ravenous
For a 22 year old thats damn sad! At least lie man. Dont admit to this shit like youre proud!
Times are tough ...lmao

but yeah i give up trying to explain myself. For every one reply i give defending myself, 5 appear in disapproval...

Old 03-14-09, 08:34 AM
  #141  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Lovgun,

In response to your post questioning my opinion, here is some clarification. Please take this message not as an attack, but as advice/explanation for what the majority are trying to say.

There really isn't a possible defense. Getting refills on a different visit is theft, plain and simple. No possible excuse or justification. No intelligent person on the planet is going to seriously defend your action, and no corporate policy or law would allow it. It is no different from stealing DVDs from the store. But you do/did it because it is an easy crime.

And your response to the bicycle joke was way off base and an unnecessary escalation. The bicycle comment was hilarious, and totally appropriate as a response to your juvenile actions. His comment should have been taken by you as an obvious poke at your (insert non-aggressive word for stupidity). You could have "fought back" with a silly response or slight slam, but you responded to someone throwing a pebble at you with a nuclear bomb.
Old 03-14-09, 09:02 AM
  #142  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: closer than you'd like
Posts: 1,668
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

You saying Gizmo's mom is da bomb?
Old 03-14-09, 09:08 AM
  #143  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,891
Received 683 Likes on 458 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by Cheato
You saying Gizmo's mom is da bomb?
Have you seen her latest pictures? Yowza!
Old 03-14-09, 09:17 AM
  #144  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
riotinmyskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: portsmouth, va
Posts: 9,175
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

i hope this thread never dies.
Old 03-14-09, 10:54 AM
  #145  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 31,779
Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by Trevor
Have you seen her latest pictures? Yowza!


Yeah...have at her, boys.
Old 03-14-09, 06:52 PM
  #146  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 818
Posts: 637
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by Trevor
but you responded to someone throwing a pebble at you with a nuclear bomb.
ha ha ha i like that
Old 03-15-09, 08:55 AM
  #147  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Larry C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Let's Go Heat!
Posts: 7,494
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Gizmo's mom is da bomb? Oh how did we get here?
Old 03-15-09, 03:24 PM
  #148  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 31,779
Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by lovgun7
ha ha ha i like that
Oh, I bet you did.

BTW, when you come over, don't leave your crap at my house.
Old 03-15-09, 10:25 PM
  #149  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 818
Posts: 637
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by Cheato
You saying Gizmo's mom is da bomb?
Originally Posted by Trevor
Have you seen her latest pictures? Yowza!
Originally Posted by Larry C.
Gizmo's mom is da bomb? Oh how did we get here?
this is how she left my bike after our sexual encounter...

Photobucket
Old 03-15-09, 11:49 PM
  #150  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,251
Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
Re: Targets No Longer Allowing Free Refills on Icee YMMV

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD


Yeah...have at her, boys.

Your moms a Tripod ???

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.