Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Notice Blockbuster Online experience seems more "streamlined" now due to less staff

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Notice Blockbuster Online experience seems more "streamlined" now due to less staff

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-09, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

more "streamlined" now. By that I mean, due to the economy, there seems to be less staff.

Noticed before that if you have a problem with the BBonline/Total Access etc and after sending your "request/problem", it would say you will get a response within 4 hours. Later it changed to 24 hours. Now, today it said 2 - 3 days for a response.

Also noticed (not sure if it is USPS or maybe the store are not sending the movies back daily) that it usually takes 1 day for my movies to be checked in at the PO Box (only about 2 hours from where I live). Now it seems to take 2 or 3 days before they physically get the movies.
Old 02-03-09, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: Notice Blockbuster Online experience seems more "streamlined" now due to less sta

Originally Posted by TheOne
Also noticed (not sure if it is USPS or maybe the store are not sending the movies back daily) that it usually takes 1 day for my movies to be checked in at the PO Box (only about 2 hours from where I live). Now it seems to take 2 or 3 days before they physically get the movies.
That's why I canceled my account last year. The turnover rate was ridiculous. It would constantly take days to receive titles and days for them to get them back. It just wasn't worth the money.
Old 02-03-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: Notice Blockbuster Online experience seems more "streamlined" now due to less sta

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
That's why I canceled my account last year. The turnover rate was ridiculous. It would constantly take days to receive titles and days for them to get them back. It just wasn't worth the money.
I do the in store exchanges, and sometimes I'll have to wait 4-5 days after I return them to get another movie shipped to me.

I think this might be more of a store problem though. All I have in my area are franchise stores, and from my experience (I used to manage a corportate Blockbuster), I doubt the staff mails out the DVDs every day like they are supposed to.
Old 02-05-09, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had the same problem with Blockbuster. It would take entirely too long to get movies and for them to send them movies to me after I returned them in store.

I went with Netflix instead being able to instantly view some kind of crappy movies was a nice perk.
Old 02-08-09, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

It was taking too long, oh, I also made the mistake of ending too soon thinking I would get the rest of the month I paid for, WRONG, there was at least ten plus days they sent my nothing that I paid for, countless e-mails and they still do not understand that, I am still thinking of bringing it up, bad business, just give me what I paid for, cheap.
Old 02-10-09, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They need to bring back the free game rental every month!
Old 02-10-09, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ I second that. Those were the good days.
Old 02-11-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

Good old days? I signed up at the end of last year for a "free trial". Since the trial period expired, I'm paying $19.99/month for three-at-a-time online rentals with unlimited in-store exchanges each month [Total Access Premium].

I also get a coupon for a free game/movie rental each month
Old 02-11-09, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

They were recently listed in an Yahoo Finance story as one of 15 well-known companies likely not to survive through 2009.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/15-Com...-14279875.html
Old 02-11-09, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somehow I'm getting 4 out at a time. Response time has slowed a bit but still twice as fast as Netflix. In store exchanges have saved me a lot of money. Having new releases when they come out is the number one reason. Netflix was at least a 4 week wait on all new releases, unless you were new or lucky.- and I'm still paying $19.99/mo. and getting blu-rays. Support is slow, but how often do you use that?
Old 02-11-09, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My store used to scan my mailers for me when I left them in the drop box so I got a same day shipment through online, but now they don't scan them at all and just put them in the mail.

My turnaround and availability of new titles is still good.
Old 02-11-09, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On another note, I did complain about one particular delay and was sent 2 store coupons. I notice that the fine print says DVD or VHS. Does this mean it doesn't work on Blu-Ray?
Old 02-12-09, 11:59 PM

It'll be interesting to see if they will scan my mailers this weekend when I go return some movies.

Did you notice the new changes? Instead of MY SHIPPED QUEUE, it's now AT HOME.
Also it doesn't have the "Received at Store" status next to the title any more.
Do that mean (assuming they scan your mailer) that it won't open up a new slot?

Noticed too that under Report (a dvd problem) there is a new choice for if you had return a movie at the store and if 24 hours have passed and it has not cleared your queue, you can report it. However, I think there will be a timing issue because....

I've asked the store manager if they were shipping the mailer daily anymore. No. Only Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That was why it was taking an extra day before it disappeared from MY SHIPPED Queue, I mean, AT HOME queue.

One more thing, I did send an email (expecting 2 - 3 days before a response) but got one today. Question was concerning if you return a movie at store, will a slot open up for it. Reply didn't make sense. Said it was a good change for you because you can keep the movie longer and not have to pay a late fee. Huh?!!!
Old 02-13-09, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, my coupon was valid for Blu-Rays if anyone cares.

Atleast they haven't raised our price for access to Blu-Rays. I still get 6-8 rentals a month for $10, and there is nowhere else I can beat that even if I wanted to go to a store twice to pick them up.

I did notice Netflix ships weekends now, always a pet peeve with BB.
Old 02-17-09, 11:39 PM

Noticed another change. Used to if you do a in-store exchange, you would see "Received at store" next to title.

Today, after doing a in-store exchange, now that title disappear from your AT HOME queue. Same effect I believe.