DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Netflix keeps sending me an extra disc under "new shipping policy" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/547495-netflix-keeps-sending-me-extra-disc-under-new-shipping-policy.html)

shaun3000 01-09-09 09:07 PM

Netflix keeps sending me an extra disc under "new shipping policy"

Of course I haven't asked Netflix about this, I'm not stupid!

They recently changed their shipping policy (http://blog.netflix.com/2008/12/new-...g-process.html) where basically if the first disc in your queue isn't available locally, they'll send one that is as well as the first one from a distant site. So you get a bonus disc, the idea being it takes several days for the distant disc to arrive.

Well a few weeks ago they did this for me. I had the Discovery Channel "When We Left Earth" miniseries queued up, but disc 1 wasn't available in Dallas. So they sent 2 locally and 1 from Seattle. So my regular 3-at-a-time plan suddenly had an extra disc. Cool. According to Netflix, as soon as I sent the "extra" disc back, my plan would go back to 3.

Well it's been two weeks, I've sent the extra disc back, have had more sent out, and I keep sending them back. Yet they are still sending discs under the "extra" slot. So I'm paying for 3-at-a-time but for the past few weeks I've had a 4-at-a-time.

(I hope that makes sense...)

Is this happening to anyone else? I'm not complaining, I just find it very odd...

Paul1957 01-09-09 09:14 PM

Re: Netflix keeps sending me an extra disc under "new shipping policy"

Same here I'm paying for 4-at-a-time and I've been at 5-at-a-time now for about 3 weeks. Didn't know about the new shipping policy I keep checking my account to see if I'm being charged more.

dan30oly 01-09-09 10:06 PM

Count yourself lucky. My top 12 discs are BlueRae that have been long/short wait for weeks. They are refusing to ship them from any location and I keep getting stuff I'd rather not have from the bottom.

Lastyear 01-10-09 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by dan30oly (Post 9187465)
Count yourself lucky. My top 12 discs are BlueRae that have been long/short wait for weeks. They are refusing to ship them from any location and I keep getting stuff I'd rather not have from the bottom.

Same problem here except it's my top 20 I never seem to get.

Gerry P. 01-10-09 02:44 PM

My first 23 discs are wait listed since the policy change. They only seem to ship what's available locally, so I no longer am sent what's at the top of my queue and I doubt they'll ever send me an extra disc like the OP.

It's too bad Netflix doesn't treat every customer the same.

shaun3000 01-10-09 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 9187409)
you've had almost 7,000 posts and this goes in Movie Talk -other-?

I always forget we have a dedicated Store forum. Sorrryyyyyyyyyyyyy

:)

DarbyD53 01-11-09 01:31 PM

They have done the same to me for a month. I changed to 2 out at a time but they keep sending me 3. oh well

Ocelot 01-13-09 10:51 AM

So the $1 BD increase didn't really make things a little faster huh? Enjoy the extra disc while you can :)

Larry C. 01-13-09 11:21 AM

nope not for me. The bastards

Mordred 01-13-09 11:55 AM

I've been getting an extra disc since Dec 15th. I'm loving it, although they keep sending me the crap I don't care about and not the BDs at the top of our queue.

DJ_Longfellow 01-17-09 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gerry P. (Post 9188259)
My first 23 discs are wait listed since the policy change. They only seem to ship what's available locally, so I no longer am sent what's at the top of my queue and I doubt they'll ever send me an extra disc like the OP.

It's too bad Netflix doesn't treat every customer the same.

Same here....my top 20 are Blu-Ray and they keep skipping over them. They did manage to ship a BD that was #21 on my list...Dark City. I never get any new BD's though. REally disappointed.

shaun3000 01-17-09 06:46 PM

Well I sent a bunch of discs back at once and it dropped me back down to my regular three-at-a-time.

SpiderM 04-16-09 07:26 PM

Shaun, that's good to know. If I get that perk, I'll know not to send them all back at once. Thanks.

riobingo 04-17-09 11:04 AM

I didnt know about this policy. I not had any extra discs from anywhere. I always get my order but I will keep my eye out. Dont need to be charged anymore that I cant afford at the moment.

JimJ 04-17-09 05:00 PM

Same thing happened to me for about a week and it ended the same way. Once I sent them all back it went back to 3 at a time.

dan30oly 04-23-09 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by dan30oly (Post 9187465)

Well, for all the shit I've been talking about netflix in this thread and another they finally did something pretty damn cool.

I'm only on a "one-out" plan and for the last 2+ weeks I've watched one Bond blu-ray and have been sitting on Moonraker for the last week. They sent me a disc out of the blue. No explanation at all.

Pretty damn cool of them.

bunkaroo 04-24-09 03:26 PM

This still wasn't enough for me to stick with them. Just signed up with Blockbuster and got everything I wanted on Blu this week. Bye Netflix!

mndtrp 04-26-09 08:01 PM

Netflix only gave me the one extra disc. After I returned it, they didn't give me any more extra. No biggie.

rw2516 04-27-09 08:58 AM

I've been getting six at a time for several weeks now, on the 5 at a time plan. What's happening with me: the top ten titles in my queue are all short/long wait. They ship me one with a wait that takes about a week to get, and five from the local center. The five local ones come in and go out until they receive the long/short wait back and then ship the next long/short wait. There are always six checked out.