Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

im new on here and im trying to get the deals on the blu ray movies

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-23-08, 07:58 PM

hello everyone im new on here and im trying to get the deals on the blu ray movies how do i find them i would appreciate any help if anyone does not mind helping me out
Old 12-23-08, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

did you check the dvd bargains section.
Old 12-24-08, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by whotony View Post
did you check the dvd bargains section.
and check back often. New deals pop up on a regular basis.
Old 12-24-08, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And try to use punctuation, capitalization, and sentences that have beginnings, middles, and ends. Otherwise, people are likely to ignore you.

Based on your other post in the "Premium Memberships" thread, it appears as if you might be under the impression that DVDTalk is a store. It isn't. You can't buy DVDs or Blu-rays here.

Last edited by Cheato; 12-24-08 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-24-08, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cheato View Post
And try to use punctuation, capitalization, and sentences that have beginnings, middles, and ends. Otherwise, people are likely to ignore you.
Half of DVD Talk's membership would be ignored if this were true.
Old 12-24-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

hello judging by my screen name i am at least 35 years old and can't use things such as periods or capitiliziitlting letters so please send me free blue rays k thx bye
Old 12-24-08, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
hello judging by my screen name i am at least 35 years old and can't use things such as periods or capitiliziitlting letters so please send me free blue rays k thx bye
Dang, is that all it takes? I have been going about it wrong for so long...
Old 12-24-08, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by patriots1974 View Post
hello everyone im new on here and im trying to get the deals on the blu ray movies how do i find them i would appreciate any help if anyone does not mind helping me out
Try the DVD bargins section. Always good stuff there. Don't be afraid to jump into the DVD Exchange section either. A lot of stuff available there. Good prices and you know it is coming from someone that takes care of their collection compared to people that sell on Ebay or Amazon.
Old 12-25-08, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post

Yeah you can't really expect people to speak perfect or even decent English on a forum. People just don't care enough!
Old 12-25-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Talk about Christmas spirit in this thread and the gift of giving (a hard time).
Old 12-25-08, 08:52 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There is dedicated HD bargain area in the HD talk forum. The most regular good deals on Blu ray has been through columbia house. Check the clubs forum. Every few weeks there is a buy 1 get 1 deal there.
Old 01-01-09, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by patriots1974 View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new on here and I'm trying to get the deals on the blu ray movies. How do i find them? I would appreciate any help.
there is a dvd deals forum on this forum hopefully it will help but im not sure maybe you want better deals try looking at sales fliers there is usually one or two for sale but you have to look i hope this helps
Old 01-01-09, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You have to become a premium member to get the latest deals.
Old 01-01-09, 09:17 PM
g

If you think premium members are keeping deals to themselves. Most of them get them from other boards like
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-bargains-20/
avsforum.com
Old 01-02-09, 07:48 AM

Or some of us actually find them... because there are actually deals posted in the premium area that really haven't popped up anywhere else.
Old 01-02-09, 11:52 PM
g

I think if you search the various boards on the internet, that enough will be found. Dvdpricesearch.com picks up many along with the boards mentioned and other bargain boards like slickdeals, fatwallet, and cheapassgamer. They dont charge anything.

Last edited by g; 01-02-09 at 11:55 PM.
Old 01-05-09, 08:26 PM

Re: im new on here and im trying to get the deals on the blu ray movies

Originally Posted by Cheato View Post
dont mind someone like this.... for some reason in every forum a few english majors & teachers pop up and say things like this... hey if you wanna use proper english everywhere thats fine... but dont be a prick if someone else is a bit more layback ... people might mistake you for a troll....

Cheato

Last edited by lovgun7; 01-05-09 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-05-09, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by lovgun7 View Post
dont mind someone like this.... for some reason in every forum a few english majors & teachers pop up and say things like this... hey if you wanna use proper english everywhere thats fine... but dont be a prick if someone else is a bit more layback ... people might mistake you for a troll....

Cheato
It makes a difference if the post is near unintelligible, exactly like it is. The way you conduct yourself is exactly how everyone will treat you This guy couldn't make the effort and time to post in a clear way, and everyone is treating him like a joke, because they just don't care.

I would say you're breaching on becoming a troll yourself the way you've targeted a member of this forum.
Old 01-05-09, 11:06 PM

show of hands please ...

how many people understood

"hello everyone im new on here and im trying to get the deals on the blu ray movies how do i find them i would appreciate any help if anyone does not mind helping me out"

& how many didnt ? oh i mean didn't?

Moopher
Old 01-06-09, 03:14 AM

It's not even about understanding, most of us picked through his verbal sludge, and we managed to somehow comprehend it (the same can be said for most of your posts to this point). Like I said, conduct yourself in an intelligent way, and people will treat you as such.
Old 01-06-09, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by lovgun7 View Post

Cheato
I bit more laidback?

Yea, we might as well forget about things like grammar. Who needs something like that? After all, does it really matter if one is coherent?
Old 01-06-09, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm just impressed lovgun7 figured out how to use smilies. Some of them require punctuation.

Personally, I thought my initial reply was fairly polite. "You might want to" is considered a polite suggestion. It's no skin off my nose if the OP doesn't want to make him/herself understood more easily. There's a difference between lazy and ignorant, though. I don't mind ignorance. It's laziness I find pathetic.

I also took the time to try to sort out what I thought was a misunderstanding of the OP: that this was a site s/he could order Blu-rays from. Before replying, I looked at his/her other post, just to try to get a better idea of what he/she might have been thinking, and that appeared to be the case.

But then again...
for some reason in every forum a few [jag-offs like lovgun7] pop up and say things like this... hey if you wanna [be lazy, obnoxious, self-righteous, and personally offensive] everywhere thats fine... but dont be a prick if someone else is a bit more [considerate of others] ... people might mistake you for a troll....
Old 01-06-09, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Moopher View Post
It's not even about understanding, most of us picked through his verbal sludge, and we managed to somehow comprehend it (the same can be said for most of your posts to this point). Like I said, conduct yourself in an intelligent way, and people will treat you as such.
You get what you give. If you can't be bothered to even attempt to write properly, many folks will deem it not worth their time and bother to address your question. But if such illiterate scrawlings are your best effort, that's just sad.
Old 01-06-09, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James View Post
Only half?
Old 01-06-09, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Y all da h8?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.