Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon search filters help

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-30-08, 02:22 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

If I want to sort an Amazon item list by price, it is virtually useless because it includes all the sellers and their used prices. Even when limiting the search to "new" items and "items shipped in one day by amazon" the results include all the used prices.

There has to be an option somewhere to include only Amazon in the results, but I can't find it.
Old 11-30-08, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the left side of the screen, there is an option "Can be shipped within one business day from Amazon.com" - click that.
Old 11-30-08, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by wewantflair
On the left side of the screen, there is an option "Can be shipped within one business day from Amazon.com" - click that.
Did that (it's in the first post), doesn't help.
Old 11-30-08, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trevor
If I want to sort an Amazon item list by price, it is virtually useless because it includes all the sellers and their used prices. Even when limiting the search to "new" items and "items shipped in one day by amazon" the results include all the used prices.

There has to be an option somewhere to include only Amazon in the results, but I can't find it.
good luck with that. amazon search is the one thing they cant seem to get quite right for whatever reason. i guess they cant be perfect right?

the closest ive seen to be able to that is in some shopping categories (dvd not inclusive) where you can actually search by merchant. but you are prolly already aware of that.
Old 12-01-08, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by hindolio
good luck with that. amazon search is the one thing they cant seem to get quite right for whatever reason. i guess they cant be perfect right?

the closest ive seen to be able to that is in some shopping categories (dvd not inclusive) where you can actually search by merchant. but you are prolly already aware of that.
Yeah, I've loved that "search by merchant" the couple of times I've seen it. Don't understand why it can't be an option for all categories.

This seems like a pretty big problem / easy solution / happier customers scenario, and I can't believe a company as big and normally well run as Amazon has this flaw.
Old 12-01-08, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've used this website in the past, with somewhat decent results. I'm sure there are others.

http://isearchbetter.com/
Old 12-01-08, 12:32 PM

Thanks pilot. That might help sometimes. But usually I just want to sort the 150 or so titles included in a certain promotion.