Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Planet 25% sale + Paypal = Big Hassle

Old 11-20-08, 07:16 PM

DVD Planet 25% sale + Paypal = Big Hassle

I placed an order back on Nov 12th with dvd planet for 3 items and used the 25% off coupon. During checkout I selected paypal as my method of payment and sent paypal payment. A few days later I get an email from them indicating my order has been cancelled as they tried to charge a credit card ending in XXXX. The credit card they tried to charge was probably an old one in their system. Not sure why they even tried to charge the card when paypal payment had already been sent. I have been going back and forth with their "customer service" department regarding this order and finally put a claim in with paypal. At one point they asked me to re-order the items again with paypal, expecting me to send payment twice. So finally I figure I'll just ask them to refund my money via paypal ... no refund so finally l escalated it to claim with paypal to get my money back.

This has been the worst experience ever with paypal and a seller. I figured I'd use my paypal account since I new the credit card registered with paypal was up to date but boy was that a big mistake.

Has anyone else had problems placing an order with dvdplanet and using paypal to pay???????????
Old 11-20-08, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i've never tried to use paypal at DVD Planet, but i have had a couple of separate incidents with poor customer service from DVD Planet.
Old 11-20-08, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Used PayPal for the current sale and had no problem.
Old 11-20-08, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

In the past I've had issues with Paypal and DVDPlanet, but I used Paypal for my first order of this sale cycle and have no issues at all.
Old 11-20-08, 09:05 PM
Cool New Member

yes I had a similar problem with DVDP last week. Their customer service sucks because they can't tell if they received the paypal payment. Here is what you need to do. Call the customer service and let them know that you want "Jose" to look into this problem. Ask them to put you on hold while the customer rep talks to Jose. I can send you his email id but I can't share it here. Tell them where the payment went.. most likely to [email protected].
Old 11-20-08, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by auto View Post
Used PayPal for the current sale and had no problem.
Same here I ordered 3 times, Only difference is I used my Paypal balance when I sent the payments.
Old 11-21-08, 07:17 PM

This is one of the reasons I stopped ordering from them a long time ago. They've had this problem for years and never done anything about it.
Old 11-21-08, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

You sure your PayPal balance was not enough to cover the total charge, and then the CC was charged the remainder balance? This has happened to me before.
Old 11-21-08, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this discussion should be in/moved to the store forum
Old 11-22-08, 09:21 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by acroyear View Post
I placed an order back on Nov 12th with dvd planet for 3 items and used the 25% off coupon. During checkout I selected paypal as my method of payment and sent paypal payment. A few days later I get an email from them indicating my order has been cancelled as they tried to charge a credit card ending in XXXX. The credit card they tried to charge was probably an old one in their system. Not sure why they even tried to charge the card when paypal payment had already been sent. I have been going back and forth with their "customer service" department regarding this order and finally put a claim in with paypal. At one point they asked me to re-order the items again with paypal, expecting me to send payment twice. So finally I figure I'll just ask them to refund my money via paypal ... no refund so finally l escalated it to claim with paypal to get my money back.

This has been the worst experience ever with paypal and a seller. I figured I'd use my paypal account since I new the credit card registered with paypal was up to date but boy was that a big mistake.

Has anyone else had problems placing an order with dvdplanet and using paypal to pay???????????

I'm currently going through the exact same thing! THe rep "Chris" even said I wasn't billed and I flat out told him, funny my PayPal account shows that I was debited the exact amount my order was from DVDPlanet. I was told to wait to see if it drops off by Monday and then call them back which I think is BS because it won't just drop off since PayPal still shows it as an active charge. Have you had any luck going through PayPal?
Old 11-25-08, 10:22 AM
Cool New Member

It posted as I assumed it would, called yet again (This is call number 6) and got yet another story about how only certain people handle PayPal issues and she'd print off the information and give it to them when she sees them. I'm officially at my wits end with them!