Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate $ to making different stores viable?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-25-08, 05:40 AM

I'm asking this because the shift is happening so regularly that we seem to be at a point where placing preorders in advance or simply buying from America isn't as cost effective. discs that were cheap enough to buy new in pairs ( to save on initial postal charges) are now more than 9 each - though that might just change soon - so I might find (as might others) that I shift who I use.

A good example is that sites that fix prices in 's for American discs won't find themselves suddenly too expensive if preordered in a fluctuating dollar situation. playusa used to cause import duty because items over 18 would appear to have come from America because (perhaps) the playusa sticker - but I've just received the veridian set of Basilisk at 17.99 (cheaper than dvdpacific which I've used for hundreds if discs over the last five years) and the sticker states it's sent by play.com so even orders over 18 could be a more predictable and cheaper option all of a sudden...

anyone certain playusa always use play.com stickers now?

anyone else noticed their importing choices have shifted due to the exchange rate, and perhaps the price of postage too?

Last edited by logboy; 10-25-08 at 05:42 AM. Reason: formatting