Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Backstage Pass Birthday 20% Off Strategizing

Old 10-11-08, 01:46 PM

Backstage Pass Birthday 20% Off Strategizing

Hi. Today's my birthday and I'm planning on hitting my local FYE tonight. I was wondering if anyone knew of the special offers being um...offered instore at FYE? Comeback Cash, BOGO, anything like that? Thanks.
Old 10-11-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Besides checking their website out, I'd glance in the bargains forum to see if anything is listed there.

Welcome to the forum, King Krabb!
Old 10-11-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Happy Birthday! One thing that I would highly recommend(assuming that your FYE has it in stock) is the Toshiba HD-XA1 HD DVD player. This was the first generation flagship HD player from Toshiba and had a list price of $800. FYE has these new in box for $99.88, so it would be $80 plus tax with your BSP discount. The build quality is awesome, the HD DVD playback is good, upconversion is great and it makes an excellent redbook CD player(I bought a second one for exclusive use on CDs). Toshiba has also kept up with firmware updates and just released version 4.0 for this player. A steal of a deal, even if you don't own any HD DVDs.
Old 10-11-08, 05:03 PM
Banned

They have either the buy 2 get 3rd used DVD, CD or Game half off or the buy 3 get 4th used item free. Also, you take 20% off anything in the store, even if it is on sale, so there are a couple of new releases you could get there cheaper.