DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Amazon.com also screwing sellers (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/541289-amazon-com-also-screwing-sellers.html)

dx23 10-09-08 09:25 AM

Amazon.com also screwing sellers

It seems that Amazon.com is doing the same as ebay in screwing the small sellers and not offering them any kind of protection if buyers file their "A-Z Claim". In August my account was closed because some jackass I sold a Gamecube Wavebird controller filed a claim stating that the item didn't work, when in fact it did work and he just didn't know how to put the controller in the same frequency as the thingy that goes in control socket. So amazon refunded him the money and closed my account even though I had excellent feedback. I sent Amazon an angry email stating my case and they re-opened my account, although i had to re-list everything again since they deleted almost everything.

Today I recieved an email that another seller had filed another claim because he "didn't recieve the DVD". I check the order, and this was from July 12 and today was the final day for the buyer to submit the claim. The buyer didn't email me or communicate with me before that. Also the buyer is from South Africa. I sent amazon proof of shipping and details of the transaction and 30 minutes later, they sided with the buyer and refunded him the money and took it from my account.

I google around "amazon buyer scam", since somthing similar happened to me last year April with a buyer from South Korea, and guess what? Other sellers have been complaining about the same thing. The huge problem here is that Amazon is giving complete reason to the buyer, no taking the seller's feedback in consideration and returning the money, no questions asked. So any jackass with a credit card can buy something from the Marketplace, get the item and the money back as well, while the seller is left without money or item.

So what the hell can we do as sellers?

Here is a link to similar complaints:

http://www.complaints.com/directory/...uary/20/15.htm

spainlinx0 10-09-08 09:30 AM

Sounds like this should go in the Hot Deals forum.

dx23 10-09-08 09:40 AM

More complaints:
http://www.ipatrix.com/fishy-returns-on-amazon/

cdollaz 10-09-08 09:42 AM

Do not sell to overseas buyers would probably be a good thing to do.

dx23 10-09-08 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz (Post 8993616)

Yes, that is the first thing I'm doing right now. I feel bad for the Canadians though, because I've sold a lot of items to them and they have always been honest.

Pistol Pete 10-09-08 01:04 PM

Considering that OP is in Puerto Rico, doing so would severely limit his market.

dx23 10-09-08 01:06 PM

Look at this

http://www.amazonsellercommunity.com...art=0&tstart=0

Now, not even Delivery Confirmation serves as proof of a buyer recieving their stuff!!!! WTF?!? Amazon now is forcing the seller to pay for Signature delivery for items in the marketplace, so they'll serve as proof of delivery.

amd555 10-09-08 06:28 PM

last time I had some one filed was back when DC was not required. I never lost a claim. They did refund money but all I was responsible for was delivery. This was 2-3 years back. Never had any "major" complains and no A-z claims.

quandary 10-09-08 09:23 PM

Delivery Confirmation is *not* ironclad proof that the package was delivered to the intended recipient.

A couple of years ago I bought 3 CDs from Amazon. They shipped the package via USPS, with delivery confirmation. The tracking results indicated that it had been delivered to me, but it hadn't. I contacted Amazon and they shipped me a replacement package with no hassle at all. About a month later the original package arrived -- the post office had messed up, then somehow realized the error. (I returned the package.) Just mentioning this to point out that the post office really can screw up, and that Amazon is not holding sellers to a higher standard than what they hold themselves to (at least, not in my experience).

SkullOrchard 10-09-08 10:48 PM

^^ Yep. Just the other day the mail carrier delivered someone else's package to my address by mistake. The package had delivery confirmation. It was delivered, just not to the right person.

dx23 10-09-08 11:13 PM

So because the post office makes mistakes, then we as sellers have to pay the consequences?

X 10-09-08 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by dx23 (Post 8995157)
So because the post office makes mistakes, then we as sellers have to pay the consequences?

You contracted for that service.

spainlinx0 10-10-08 08:11 AM

I sell on Amazon, and of course you pay the consequences. That's what retailers do.

stingermck 10-10-08 04:46 PM

I bought a game in Like New condition from an Amazon seller, and just received a nice disc only wrapped in paper, and stuck in an envelope. Granted I got a good deal on the game, but would not have bought it if it was advertised as disc only. Trying to decide what to do, complain, return, or try to pick up a case on eBay.

big whoppa 10-10-08 09:17 PM

^I would contact the buyer because he/she didn't mention a case wasn't included. Either they send the case to you if they have it or contact Amazon for a refund because their listing wasn't accurate.

NitroJMS 10-10-08 10:39 PM

I've only sold within the U.S. since I started selling on ebay and I've rarely had an issue. I've heard your much less likely to run into scams if you stay within one country for selling, plus it's alot easier on my end for shipping purposes since I don't have to bother with customs forms.

stingermck 10-11-08 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by big whoppa (Post 8997105)
^I would contact the buyer because he/she didn't mention a case wasn't included. Either they send the case to you if they have it or contact Amazon for a refund because their listing wasn't accurate.

OK Ive contacted the seller, and I don't expect any contact back. I found a note in the package saying: "Thanks for the business - lost the case" So what happens now? On my order page i see this: "You'll be able to file a reimbursement claim beginning October 30, 2008 "

So after October 30th I can file a claim? How does that work? Do I have to send the game back and then get a refund, or do I keep it and still get a refund?

big whoppa 10-11-08 06:07 PM

^I only had to return something once from Amazon Marketplace. I emailed them, sent me a shipping label and they returned my money in full.

I don't know about the above situation. Contact Amazon. Sounds like you would have to return the game. It wouldn't make much sense for you to keep it for free.