Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

UPS - This is absolutely ridiculous

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

UPS - This is absolutely ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-08, 03:34 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
In my old house I used to have awful UPS service with my packages getting delivered to all different houses on my street. Luckily I was friendly with all of my neighbors and they would bring them to me. Since I have moved across the county, now my UPS guy is great and the post office sucks for. It got so bad, I went to Amazon prime so I would get everything through UPS, because that was the only chance I had to get it. I hope they never go bad because I have had Fedex deliver my stuff to the wrong house a few times now, and Airborne had a next day package they held for like 10 days before trying to deliver it. The funny thing was that the replacement package through UPS 2 day had shown up 5 days before they managed to get me the first package.
Old 09-29-08, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reverie
My current amusement with UPS is that whenever I get a box, they'll put it on my front porch, and throw the little doormat over top of it as if it's supposed to be hidden then. The first time this happened, we we're pulling up and wondered what the heck was on the porch! Now were just stupidly amused that the UPS person thinks they're covering it up so no one can tell it's a box.
They do the same thing at my house... I never understood how that was supposed to be better...
Old 09-29-08, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by goodwill
They do the same thing at my house... I never understood how that was supposed to be better...
the UPS guy thinks the doormat is a Harry Potter invisibility cloak.

Of course, you know if thieves are going around looking for stuff to steal quickly, they will just think you have a REALLY thick doormat and move on to the next house. It's fool proof.
Old 09-29-08, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We get frequent UPS deliveries and I'd say they use the "doormat" trick less than 5% of the time. Normally they just leave the box on the porch for the world to see. (Sometimes they will leave it behind our side gate or even on our deck in the back of the house. I guess this is more secure but once or twice we found no note indicating the package was there, resulting in boxes sitting in our backyard for two or three days before we discovered them).

Incredibly, in almost nine years of living here, I can recall only one package that was marked "delivered" that we never received, and had to call the shipper to ask for a replacement. It was a large box containing an appliance, so I assume it was stolen.
Old 09-30-08, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Incredibly, in almost nine years of living here, I can recall only one package that was marked "delivered" that we never received, and had to call the shipper to ask for a replacement. It was a large box containing an appliance, so I assume it was stolen.
I assume they put that under the mat and you just never saw it. You should have looked harder.
Old 10-06-08, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 10-09-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

FedEx once left a box containing a $15K piece of equipment on loan from the manufacturer on my home doorstep at noon in plain view of the street. Did it matter that the delivery required an adult signature? Apparently, no. I found out about the delivery about an hour later and drove home to grab it before the local high school kids were released.
Old 10-09-08, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
UPS guy left an expensive pair of sneakers I recently bought on my front steps.. not even hidden behind one of the conrete structures that holds up my front overhead on my porch. I was actually coming home as he was walking to his vehicle - I couldn't believe it.
Old 10-09-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

at the doormats. I went through the driving class years ago and they tell you to hide packages under mats or obstruct the view with other items that may be on a porch to cut down on visibility from those driving/walking by. Obviously a large package with small doormat doesn't work out quite well and is good for a laugh.
Old 10-11-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
Here's the tracking # for the original:

1Z 411 E0W 03 2227 250 3
It looks like it finally was delivered. From the tacking info, somehow it got to Hodgkins, IL without ever "departing" Indianapolis. It took them over 2 weeks to find this lost package, which is pretty ridiculous.
Old 10-11-08, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Weird, I recently had the same problem with the opposite services.

I ordered 2 DVDs from Amazon.com and they sent it via USPS. The tracking number said it was delivered on Monday, Sept 29th at 10:30am, but it was nowhere to be found (I even checked with my apartment manager).

I waited a few days and contacted Amazon.com. They said to wait a few more days and if it didn't show then ask my local USPS. I did and it didn't show up, and USPS said that Amazon.com had to contact them to file a complaint.

I contacted Amazon.com again and they resent it via UPS 1-Day all free of charge and I got it right away.

Then the original USPS package showed up on Wed., Oct. 8th, and now I gotta go Return to Sender.

Last edited by darqleo; 10-11-08 at 11:54 AM. Reason: put in wrong month/date
Old 10-13-08, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jay G.
It looks like it finally was delivered. From the tacking info, somehow it got to Hodgkins, IL without ever "departing" Indianapolis. It took them over 2 weeks to find this lost package, which is pretty ridiculous.
Yep, sure enough. The day after it was delivered, I received this reply from my BBB complaint:

"We apologize for any inconvenience. He will have to contact Amazon for a resolution to this matter. Our agreement with Amazon prohibits us from giving them any information."

...which makes NO SENSE.