Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Can Somone Explain the Live.com Thing?

Old 09-03-08, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can Somone Explain the Live.com Thing?

I must have missed something. Everyone keeps refering to live.com. Is this some type of rebate thing? How does it work? Can someone explain it for the noobies who may have missed the original posts? Thanks guys!
Old 09-03-08, 09:35 AM
Web
Cool New Member

I understand the process but what i want to know about it is what are you signing up for? What are your obligations? I saw some connection to Microsoft? Do you get flooded with emails for junk?
Old 09-03-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe View Post
For the people confused about how Live.com works...

You have to first go to the Live.com website and signup. Then, when you have verified your enrollment through the e-mail they send you - you can go to the Live.com website and sign in. Click on "Cashback" in the upper right-hand side of the screen. Click on "and shop at 100's of stores" on the bottom right. Click on the big letter "D". Click on "Deep Discount". This will take you to DD's website.

Select items to put in your shopping cart like you normally would. When you checkout at DD, your cart will look exactly the same as if you hadn't used Live.com at all. It should appear like any other Buy 1, Get 1 sale. If half your items aren't listed as FREE, enter the promotion code: B1G1WARNR0808

Live.com gives you CASH BACK about 2 months after your purchase. It is NOT a 'discount' in the normal sense.

The cash back will be equal to 20% of your purchase price, because Live.com also gives you 10% cash back on the regular price of your FREE item, in addition to the one you pay for.
Old 09-03-08, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I believe with Live.com and indeed any search engine what websites you visit can be traced. You may or may not get e-mails from companies based on the information they get from the websites you visit.
Old 09-03-08, 11:52 AM
Web
Cool New Member

But then I see this before I open an account with live: "By providing the information above and by clicking OK below, you agree to the terms and conditions for the cashback program in the Microsoft Service Agreement."

I open that and I see this:

7.2 Payment. When you create a billing account, you enter your payment method. You must be authorized to use the payment method. You authorize us to charge you for the service using your payment method and for any paid feature of the service for which you choose to sign-up or use while this contract is in force. You will pay service charges in advance. We may charge you a different amount than what you approved. If it is a greater amount, we will tell you the amount and the date of the charge at least 10 days before we make the charge. Also, we may charge you up to the amount you have approved, and notify you in advance of the difference. We may bill you for more than one of your prior billing periods together. If we informed you that the service will be provided indefinitely or automatically renewed, we may automatically renew your service and charge you for any renewal term.

So, what the heck are they charging me for? Is there a charge for this service or not? Does anyone actually know or did everyone who signed up just take a chance that they just want to give us back money for no good reason?