DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Target reciept? (3 month expiration) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/536008-target-reciept-3-month-expiration.html)

OldBoy 07-21-08 02:49 PM

Target reciept? (3 month expiration)

i noticed this week's ad has the 8 gb iPod for $199 with $20 GC.

if i bought an iPod less than 3 months ago, still have the reciept which expires on 8/11/08, can i return and get the GC? thanks.

Sweet Baby James 07-21-08 03:11 PM

Buy one now to get the gift card and return that sealed ipod with the old receipt to get the refund.

OldBoy 07-21-08 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Buy one now to get the gift card and return that sealed ipod with the old receipt to get the refund.

that seems more work then necessary. i think just bringing the old reciept would suffice as they could just return, then re-purchase and get gc.

Spicollidriver1 07-21-08 04:47 PM

For most people that work there that would be a price match, and you can only price match for 14 days

OldBoy 07-21-08 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Spicollidriver1
For most people that work there that would be a price match, and you can only price match for 14 days

why would you answer when you clearly don't know what you are talking about in this case?

tasha99 07-21-08 06:29 PM

Most places only price adjust for a couple of weeks--call and see if Target is different.

Is the serial number of the iPod on your receipt? If so, it will mess up your ability to return a new ipod on an old receipt. Also, doesn't Target have a 15% restocking fee for electronics? That might make a switcharoo difficult, too.

strife 07-21-08 09:29 PM

Actually Spicollidriver1 is correct that usually is a price match to get them honor a new deal also usually have to do what Sweet Baby James suggested. These deals also usally have not valid on previous purchases.

fumanstan 07-21-08 10:16 PM

Yup, Spicolli is right. Target only does price adjustments for 2 weeks. At least that's the way it was a few years back when I worked there. I'm pretty sure it's the same now. Not sure why you'd be an ass about something YOU don't know anything about.

And yes, Target has a restocking fee on a lot of electronics. Not sure if the iPod does, but there's a good chance. I paid one on a GPS the last year. Kinda sucks.

The Cow 07-21-08 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
why would you answer when you clearly don't know what you are talking about in this case?

Why are you being an ass when he answered your question straight up?

Mosskeeto 07-22-08 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Yup, Spicolli is right. Target only does price adjustments for 2 weeks. At least that's the way it was a few years back when I worked there. I'm pretty sure it's the same now. Not sure why you'd be an ass about something YOU don't know anything about.

:up:

Spicollidriver1 07-22-08 09:11 AM

Thanks everyone. Now if you read I did say most if someone tried at the right time they might find someone to do it for them. But by definition this does not fall into the catergory for a price match. Also I believe a couple months ago they changed there policy that they do not price match freebies/giftcards so even if you were in the two week window I don't think you would get it anyways.

badlieut 07-22-08 11:10 AM

I've bought something at a lower price and walked right to the return counter and returned it on my old receipt.

That'sAllFolks 07-22-08 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by badlieut
I've bought something at a lower price and walked right to the return counter and returned it on my old receipt.

Been there. Done that.

OldBoy 07-22-08 06:17 PM

ok, sorry i was being an ass. but after a manager was called over, they did it with no incident.

Gizmo 08-02-08 02:17 PM

Restock fee only applies if its open.