DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Deep Discount shipping question (packaging materials) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/534371-deep-discount-shipping-question-packaging-materials.html)

reverie 06-26-08 08:07 AM

Deep Discount shipping question (packaging materials)

I hope this isn't redundant with all of the other DD threads floating around! I've noticed lately that DD's packaging materials have gotten worse- shipping DVDs in bubble envelopes & cheap, crappy boxes that get destroyed. My question is: if I pay for shipping, I know it will get to me faster, but will they package it better as well? I'm getting tired of damaged cases from them. :(

ChristianB 06-26-08 08:34 AM

I'm wondering this myself as I placed two orders recently with Deep Discount. First time shopping there :) Hope they use a sturdy box.

With the 20% off sale, why not.

I'd also like to hear from other Canadians who have shopped there. Have you been happy shopping with them?

Still waiting for my first order which shipped June 9. I guess Amazon's speedy delivery times have spoiled me (4-5 days tops).

Thanks!

hindolio 06-26-08 08:25 PM

yeah, the bubble envelopes have been quite annoying as of late. but the "cheap, crappy" boxes are the same ones theyve used for quite some time (at least 5 years or so).

to answer your specific question though, im guessing no, they do not use any kind of "better" packaging. i really dont know because im cheap and get the free shipping. good luck :D

Phibes 06-27-08 11:07 AM

For me, Large order = box, 3 title order = padded envelope (no damaged discs though).

Josh-da-man 06-27-08 08:48 PM

I've mostly been getting the padded envelopes lately. Also, to my surprise, I haven't received a single damaged disc or case.

BKenn01 06-29-08 11:09 AM

There arent many instances in life where you get low prices and great customer service. It is generally an oxymoron.

reverie 06-30-08 09:32 AM

Thanks for the replies all! Yeah, I guess in the end I can't complain too much with the prices. So I guess the general rule of thumb is wait to place a larger order and at least get a box. :)

Walter Neff 06-30-08 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by BKenn01
There arent many instances in life where you get low prices and great customer service. It is generally an oxymoron.

Director Jim Jarmusch once told singer Tom Waits something like, "Fast, cheap and good: You can have only two of the three." So if it's fast and cheap, it won't be good. If it's cheap and good, it won't be fast. If it's good and fast, it won't be cheap.

He's got a point.

hindolio 06-30-08 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Walter Neff
Director Jim Jarmusch once told singer Tom Waits something like, "Fast, cheap and good: You can have only two of the three." So if it's fast and cheap, it won't be good. If it's cheap and good, it won't be fast. If it's good and fast, it won't be cheap.

He's got a point.

very ot, but where is that exactly from?! i recall that from a movie or tv show? but ive never been able to recall exactly where that is from help please!!!

:D

Josh-da-man 07-01-08 08:25 AM

"Good, Fast, and Cheap. Pick two," is what is referred to as the Project Triangle.

There is also a dating triangle:

Women: Sane, Single, Attractive. Pick two.
Men: Handsome, Rich, Faithful. Pick two.

Walter Neff 07-01-08 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by hindolio
very ot, but where is that exactly from?! i recall that from a movie or tv show? but ive never been able to recall exactly where that is from help please!!!

:D

Sorry, don't know where it originally is from. Tom Waits mentioned it in a magazine interview I read a couple months back.

hindolio 07-01-08 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
"Good, Fast, and Cheap. Pick two," is what is referred to as the Project Triangle.

There is also a dating triangle:

Women: Sane, Single, Attractive. Pick two.
Men: Handsome, Rich, Faithful. Pick two.

still ot, but thanks! that is simply wonderful :D