Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Terrible Customer Service with Spun.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-08, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back during the 20% extra credit on trade-ins deal with Spun.com I decided to unload a few DVDs that I didn't want.

Per their website, I was able to trade in 15 or so DVDs for around 36.00 in credit. I used that credit to order 34.00 or so of merchandise. They sent me the merchandise with free S/H because I was trading in more than 30.00, and they sent me a box and label to ship my items.

Every DVD that I traded in was with the UPC, no damage, and in flawless condition.

The credit card that I placed on file for the order, even with was changed due to the Sweetbay fraud issue.

Fast forward a few weeks. I'd recevied the DVDs I'd order. 1 of the DVDs was the wrong one so I requested an RMA, which they sent.

I never received the credit for the DVD.

I also received a notice that half of the DVDs I'd sent were too scratched and that I would have to pay S/H to have them sent back to me. Because they didn't accept those DVDs, then I received a new invoice that including a 5.95 S/H charge because my trade-in value apparantly went lower than 30.00 though it was never clearly stated as such on the website.

The account was never credited for the DVD that was returned.

The balance was never charged to the credit card because during this time the number was changed.

After 10 emails with customer service back and forth I have received a refusal to remove the S/H charges, a statement that they never received the DVD that I RMA'd. Every email I receive is a lecture of their policies and never is there a compromise. I have even offered to pay the amount due if they will simply remove the DVD that I returned. Again refused.

Now I have a notice that the 16.00 due to them is being sent to Collections if I don't pay.

Ok so first off. If anyone is planning on using the website, I don't recommend it at all.

My question is should I pay off the balance when I feel it is unjust? Will the paltry balance being sent to Collections affect me in any way since it is such a low sum?

I hate that I am in this position.
Old 06-11-08, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay it and then try to recoup--or dispute with credit card co. Try consumerist and try to contact corp office.(google, etc searches).
Old 06-12-08, 06:27 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Dispute with your charge company. That is what I did to them when they pulled similar nonsense with me. I sent them a brand new dvd still shrink wrapped and not loose or off the spindle and got a notice they couldn't accept it because it was too scratched. It is a game they play, they reject a bunch, then want you to pay to get them back. They figure most people won't bother and just take the loss rather than pay to get back your own dvds. Those scratched dvds that they don't pay you for remarkably still end up for sale the web site. I had a really rare copy of a title that no one had for sale used anywhere. I traded it in(not knowing what I had) and it was rejected for being scratched. The day after I tell them I won't pay to get back that and another title deemed unworthy that rare title is for sale on their site for big bucks. It was gone the next day to some lucky person. Stay away from Spun.