Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

FYE dvd rebate mail in craziness

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-11-08, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have sent in about 7 mail in rebates at FYE in the past 6 months. 6 out of 7 of them have all come back saying i didnt turn in the UPC even though it was stapled or taped to the top of the receipt. I usually do that so they dont lose the small upc cutout. I always email them and within a few hours they say that it has been accepted and to expect my rebate in 4-6 weeks. So far i have gotten all my rebates (waiting on cloverfield which i just got my no upc notice for and then my accepted email today). Has this happened to anyone else or do they just like to give me issues? Wondering if they do it more than a few times to get people to forget about the rebates.
Old 05-12-08, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
other than the rejection for the beowulf steelbook, ive had no problems with them as of late. though i always expect to have an issue sooner or later ug.
Old 05-12-08, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 173 Posts
The first two I sent came through no problem. The last one I did at the end of last year took about 5 months to finally get her. Delays, etc. finally got it after a couple of emails. Not too motivated to go at it again.
Old 05-12-08, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It has been weird that they tell me its always missing. I figured putting it ON the receipt they would see it rather than drop it out of the envelope. Ill have to try the next one without attaching it. They rejected my beowulf steelbook one at first and then i emailed and they processed it.
Old 05-12-08, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did the rebate for the Sweeney Todd DVD, got a confirmation email that they got it and haven't heard anything since. That was four weeks ago.
Old 05-12-08, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerDurden_73
I did the rebate for the Sweeney Todd DVD, got a confirmation email that they got it and haven't heard anything since. That was four weeks ago.
You can look up the status of your rebate at www.fyerebates.com , www.rebateshq.com or www.rebatetrack.com .
Old 05-12-08, 05:20 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Had problems with 4 out of 5. Got ripped off with 2, but got the others. I will never do another fye rebate.
Old 05-12-08, 08:59 PM

I have had many problems with FYE rebates - so many that I have called the corporate offices (Albany, NY) and had them take charge of my problems (I faxed them the "missing" info). Despite all the rebate rejections I have received, I got all the $ I was entitled to get, but it was a lot of work in many cases.
Old 05-13-08, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad to see i am not the only one with issues. I thought they were picking on me.
Old 05-13-08, 09:03 AM
Cool New Member

When I purchased my Cloverfield steelbook, the sales associate at Sam Goody peeld off the price tag with the barcode and stuck it to the rebate receipt. He said this way I would not have to cut the UPC from the package insert. I questioned him, but he reassured me about it. Hope he's right as I would prefer to keep the back cover insert intact.
Old 05-13-08, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ob1ob
When I purchased my Cloverfield steelbook, the sales associate at Sam Goody peeld off the price tag with the barcode and stuck it to the rebate receipt. He said this way I would not have to cut the UPC from the package insert. I questioned him, but he reassured me about it. Hope he's right as I would prefer to keep the back cover insert intact.
He's right. The yellow price sticker with the UPC is acceptable for the rebate.
Old 02-17-09, 07:44 AM
Cool New Member

Re: FYE dvd rebate mail in craziness

Besides email from their rebate center, how do I contact FYE about rebate problems?
I submitted a rebate for The Dark Knight and X-Files:I Want to Believe steelbooks and received one email confirmation a week later. I emailed FYE a few times, but they always ask for the promotion codes which I have provided in my inquiries. I received one check last week. I would like to find out what happened with my other rebate.
Old 02-17-09, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Besides email from their rebate center, how do I contact FYE about rebate problems?
I submitted a rebate for The Dark Knight and X-Files:I Want to Believe steelbooks and received one email confirmation a week later. I emailed FYE a few times, but they always ask for the promotion codes which I have provided in my inquiries. I received one check last week. I would like to find out what happened with my other rebate.
Let me google that for you
Old 02-17-09, 11:04 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Me007gold

Gee, thanks. As I stated I am loking for another method besides the rebate center to resolve this. I've already tried this unsuccessfully.

There is an 800 number at the bottom of the email page that I didn't notice before. If they can't help me, LindaC mentioned calling corporate. The only number I see on the TWE site is for the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer. I doubt this is who I need to contact about rebate issues.
Old 02-17-09, 12:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Gee, thanks. As I stated I am loking for another method besides the rebate center to resolve this. I've already tried this unsuccessfully.

There is an 800 number at the bottom of the email page that I didn't notice before. If they can't help me, LindaC mentioned calling corporate. The only number I see on the TWE site is for the Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer. I doubt this is who I need to contact about rebate issues.
thats why you use the web site, put in your info, and it will tell you what you have comming to you
Old 02-17-09, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

My Cloverfield steelbook rebate went through fine, still waiting on my rebate for The Dark Knight. It says its accepted and all that so hopefully it goes through without problems. I'm not surprised that people have problems with these though.
Old 02-17-09, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 102 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you. Sent these two erbates in the same day, and got an email notice on one of them about a week later 12/28/08. the other one awas received 2/4/09. I finally have both of them outstanding on the fyerebates site, and am awaiting my checks. The one they received on 12/28 was apparently shipped 2/11, although I havent received it yet.

Last edited by jjcool; 02-17-09 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-17-09, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Me007gold
thats why you use the web site, put in your info, and it will tell you what you have comming to you
Didnt he say that he already tried this, twice?
Old 02-17-09, 01:19 PM

My friend and I have both stopped shopping at FYE due to rebate issues.
Old 02-17-09, 07:08 PM
Cool New Member

I called 1-800-779-6219, and the prompts ask for a tracking number which I don't have since I never received confirmation from FYE. I entered that I had moved after mailing the rebate since it was the only way to speak to someone. The girl said that my check was for the X-Files and that my Dark Knight rebate was also good. No explanation as to why I never received confirmation, but she assured me that I would get another check.

This is strange since I mailed rebates for Iron Man, Godfather, and Indy Jones steelbooks on the same day last year. I received 3 confirmations on the same day and all 3 rebate checks the same day.
Old 02-17-09, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i got 2 rebates today but i forgot which movies they were for. probably dark knight and indy?
Old 02-18-09, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, i got a check in the mail today as well. Not sure which this was for, either x-files or dark knight. The other one took almost a month and a half for them to acknowledge receipt. They were both mailed off on the same day. Makes me a little hesitant to take advantage of their $10 per season with rebate deal on tv shows that they have going on now.
Old 02-18-09, 04:37 PM

I finally got mine for The Dark Knight today....
Old 02-18-09, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

FYE rebates are the biggest scam. I'm still waiting for my $20 for 24 season 5!
Old 02-19-09, 05:02 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Got screwed on 2 out of 3. I will never buy from them again.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.