DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Ever order from Payless.com? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/530915-ever-order-payless-com.html)

calhoun07 05-05-08 06:49 PM

Ever order from Payless.com?

I got one of those entertainment books, I registered my entertainment card online, I saw the entertainment card would get me a deal at payless.com (by one get one half off...which I later learned was also good in the store...) and I ordered my shoes.

I don't live in the boondocks. I live within minutes of three or four Payless Shoe stores. I ordered online because I was led to believe the special was online only (it wasn't) and I opted for in store pick up, so I figured they would pull the shoes at the store, time AND money saved.

About a week after I ordered I get an email that the shoes shipped from the shipping center to the store. I live in Kansas City, MO...the shipping center is not far away in Kansas. The notice said it would take 14 business days for my order to get to the store. FOURTEEN DAYS? To go from Kansas to Kansas City Missouri???

This has turned into a horrible experience. And I didn't save time OR money.

Edit...OK, I guess I can't delete the thread...can a mod please move this to the store forum? (Sorry, I thought I had clicked over there.)

calhoun07 05-06-08 08:02 PM

Wow....no responses? Ok, I guess nobody has ordered from Payless.

Then how does my experience compare to ordering online at other retailer websites and opting to have the in store pick up? Because this is the first time I've tried this, and I hope not all stores are like this.

mr. b_dvd 05-06-08 11:41 PM

Okay, I'll respond since I've bought stuff for in store pickup from Best Buy. I've actually never had a problem from Best Buy. They sometimes have on-line only sales that if it is available at your nearest Best Buy, you can opt to pick it up. They have parking reserved in the front of the store for BestBuy.com customers (right next to the handicapped parking), and they have to get your items to you within 10 minutes from when you hit the buzzer at the customer service counter or you get a $10 gift card. Even if it's not an on-line only sale, you can buy it on-line, select in-store pick-up if it's available, and then zip in and zip out in no time. They don't have an errorproof stock software though because there are dvd's I know that are in the store, but they won't show on-line as being in stock. In this case, you can go to customer service and ask them to pricematch their on-line price. They currently have a 2/$15 sale on lots of dvds, but not all of them are ringing up that are listed on-line. The X2 Steelbook is one of them that is part of the sale on-line, and I was able to pick it up along with I, Robot All Access 2disc Edition. I might go back and pick up The Day After Tomorrow Steelbook and another one since it looks like it is also included in the sale. They are going to have to look it up on-line via the sku, but it is showing up as part of the sale (although it's not automatically listed with the 2/$15 link).

Sorry to hear about your Payless experience. I guess they're still working out the kinks.

Xbox69 05-07-08 12:56 AM

If PayLess is anything like Best Buy you probably haven't been charged for the order you placed online. Have you received an e-mail stating your order is ready for pick up? The 14 day shipping is probably just a rough estimate and it could be there sooner. You probably could just go in-store and make the purchase and ignore the online order and not be charged anything.

Sonic 02-15-19 11:07 PM

Re: Ever order from Payless.com?

Sorry for the 11yr bump but I didn't want to make a new thread for Payless. :o

Payless is closing all its 2,100 US stores

San Francisco (CNN Business)Payless is the latest retail chain to close up shop in the United States.
The discount shoe store will close all 2,100 of its locations in the United States and Puerto Rico in the coming months, a spokesperson told CNN Business on Friday. Liquidation sales will begin on Sunday and stores will begin closing in March, though most will say open until May. Payless also plans to shut down its online store. The company could file for bankruptcy for a second time by the end of the month, according to reports. Founded in 1956 in Topeka, Kansas, Payless has more than 3,600 locations in 40 countries and over 18,000 employees, according to its website. A spokeperson said its international franchises and Latin American stores will not be affected.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/busin...upt/index.html