Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon International Standard Shipping

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon International Standard Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-08, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon International Standard Shipping Poor

Has anyone noticed the slowdown in International Standard Shipping for DVDs and the poor packaging at Amazon? The shipping estimate for standard international shipping for DVDs is now 30 business days or about 6 weeks. I got this little surprise on my last order. It shipped on May 11th. Estimated delivery date is June 24th. Sounds like they are shipping by boat to save money. However, if you pay $5.00 extra you can get expedited shipping. Standard shipping used to be about 10 to 15 business days.
I've also noticed a definite decline in the packaging as well. I used to get plastic air bubbles to prevent damage. Now they just let them rattle around in the box. I've had some damage on the last two shipments. One DVD set I sent back. The shipping box had a piece of tape over the bottom that was just holding it together. A good bounce and the box would have popped open. Also a lot of the dvds I've ordered have at least had a scratch or two, especially box sets. Plus the minimum charge for one item has gone up from $5.95 to $7.95!

Last edited by Benshi; 07-03-08 at 07:54 AM. Reason: To give additional information