Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Just a suggestion for BR/HDdvd sealed for trade

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-19-08, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have blu ray or HDDvd that are sealed and you want to trade them. Why not just return them to any B&M store, get credit and get what you want? Just a suggestion. It seems most BluRays sell on here for 13-20 sealed. The cheapest typical B&M sell them for is 25, so they will most likely give you at least that on the return. Then you can purchase the titles you actually want.

I had an extra two BluRays and returned them for 54.97 in credit and used that to buy two titles I wanted. Alot better return then the 13-20 F/S price most seem to be getting.

I know that BestBuy, Walmart, Target will all take sealed media and exchange it for store credit or exchanges
Old 03-19-08, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I assume you mean as long as you purchased it at that store?

Returning media bought/acquired at one place and returning it to another is considered unethical.

Although I have done it.
Old 03-19-08, 07:09 PM

Target only lets you do that for media 19.99 and under without receipt. Best buy wont do it at all, or only once a year I've heard.
Old 03-19-08, 07:15 PM

Circuit City only allows under $25 returns w/out a receipt. Also Best Buy is not taking back any HD-DVD now without a receipt. Best Buy also limits you to one return w/out a receipt per year. Walmart limits you to thee returns w/out a receipt per year. Not that I've returned anything w/out a receipt... I just happen to know this.
Old 03-20-08, 12:39 AM

I never heard of Wal-Mart having a limit on returns without a receipt. I just did this today. I called first to verify they still do this, and they told me that as long as it is still in their system for sale, they will give you store credit for it. They did have me sign a receipt or something, but they gave me a gift card for the amount. They also didn't check any database to see if I've done any within the last year (I haven't, this was a first for me).
Old 03-20-08, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by mr. b_dvd
I never heard of Wal-Mart having a limit on returns without a receipt. I just did this today. I called first to verify they still do this, and they told me that as long as it is still in their system for sale, they will give you store credit for it. They did have me sign a receipt or something, but they gave me a gift card for the amount. They also didn't check any database to see if I've done any within the last year (I haven't, this was a first for me).

Yeah, you sign a receipt. No big deal. They still give full value.

When did Best Buy start doing this??? I have return countless item to them and half did not have a receipt. I returned a wireless modem a few years back since it was not compatiable with my cable. I forgot to take the PCMCIA card from my laptop and put it back in the box. They could careless. They have taken many DVDs from me that I had doubles of. They will even take OPEN movies back, but only to give you the same title and they will tear the plastic and rip the seal.

Hey it was just a suggestion. If you rather sell sealed Blu Rays for 15 bucks, i will be happy to buy them!
Old 03-20-08, 10:48 AM

I think the limiting of returns to Best Buy is new for this year. I returned one item without a receipt in February. When I tried to return a second item this month. They said only one return without a receipt allowed per year.