Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Circuit City & CC.com......What a Mess!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-08, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I visited 2 CC stores over the last few days to return some unopened media, and (hopefully) buy some new stuff. The returns went relatively smoothly, netting me the equitable store credit on a giftcard.

Going to check out the HDM sections, I felt like I was in Russia back when Brezhnev was still the Premiere! They had very few titles, copies, or shelf space to speak of.

So no problem, right? I'll just take my giftcard to CC.com and order what I want. Well, every title I pulled up, EVERY single title, was $5 more online than in the store. Now, I've seen clicks & mortar stores where the online price is LESS than in the store, but MORE??? And $5 per disc? That's some expensive free shipping if you ask me!

This is to say nothing of their online competition. Case in point: Close Encounters Blu-ray boxset. Amazon.com: $23.99 CC.com: $49.95. More than 2x the price.......wow. It's almost like they're trying to go out of business. If I was a shareholder, (and I thank God I'm not), I'd be furious.

Last edited by BuckNaked2k; 01-11-08 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-11-08, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In one year Circuit City will be out of business. Feel free to quote this for reference.

I ordered a $10 item on line for in-store pick-up. Waited a day and went to go pick it up about 15 miles away. Drove all the way up there to find out it wasnt in stock.

They had 24 hours to figure this out and at least send me an email that the item wasnt available and never did. So I had to drive all that way to find out for myself. Meanwhile 4 employees were standing around gossiping.

Good riddance.
Old 01-11-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by SoSpacey
In one year Circuit City will be out of business. Feel free to quote this for reference.

I ordered a $10 item on line for in-store pick-up. Waited a day and went to go pick it up about 15 miles away. Drove all the way up there to find out it wasnt in stock.

They had 24 hours to figure this out and at least send me an email that the item wasnt available and never did. So I had to drive all that way to find out for myself. Meanwhile 4 employees were standing around gossiping.

Good riddance.
Isn't there some program where if they don't have your order ready, you get a gift card or something? Did you at least get the gift card?

I don't doubt your prophecy... it seems like CC gets more flak than any other store on this board, and for good reason.
Old 01-11-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Isn't there some program where if they don't have your order ready, you get a gift card or something? Did you at least get the gift card?

I don't doubt your prophecy... it seems like CC gets more flak than any other store on this board, and for good reason.

Only if the item is worth $24, which mine wasn't.

I did call corporate and harass them on my drive back from CC and they sent me a $10 gift card, although trying to explain to them what had happened was humorous to the point of maddening.
Old 01-11-08, 03:11 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Yeah, I remember when CC was actually decent, I could buy new releases there for a couple of bucks cheaper than anywhere else. Customer service has always sucked, though. I swapped the CC gift card I got last xmas immediately.
Old 01-11-08, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by ninhomes
....I swapped the CC gift card I got last xmas immediately.
You swapped it? How did you do this?
Old 01-11-08, 04:39 PM

The stores always look like a junk pile to me...nothing is organized. I can't complain about the website since I got all the James Bond sets for a great deal on Black Friday.