Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to get anyone from FYE/FYE.com on the phone!?!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-02-08, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I got a gift card to Suncoast/FYE for Christmas. It wouldn't be my choice, but hey, it was a gift.

I place an order with the gift card on FYE.com and accidentally mistyped my credit card number. I realized this too late after I already clicked "submit order." FYE emailed me and canceled the order because of the authorization, no issue with that on my end.

But now I want to place the order with the correct information and they have locked the gift card. Every time I try to place the order or check the balance inquiry it tells me that the gift card is "locked" with no further instructions. I've tried for 3 days calling the FYE customer service number, and every time I get to the option of talking to a CSR, they hang up. This is insane, I can't do anything with this gift card until they unlock it and have absolutely no way to speak to anyone there. Any ideas or thoughts?
Old 01-03-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was kind of a gift card clusterf*** on FYE's part over the weekend.

1) a $5 off $6 coupon worked on giftcards
2) you could buy virtual or regular giftcards with virtual giftcards

Some people sat for hours spawning one $5 GC into hundreds of dollars in GCs. So all the giftcards are all locked down right now I think, until FYE figures it all out.

I bought 10 $10 GCs for $5 each on Friday before I realized how bad the error was. If I had known about #2 I would have stayed away from the deal altogether, but I just thought it was a good deal on some half off giftcards. They've locked down all giftcards period, it seems, and I've only gotten a refund for one of mine.

It's probably why it's hard to reach anyone on it, and why your GC might be locked up.

The slickdeals thread about it is here:
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...02609&page=255

It's really a trainwreck.
Old 01-03-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Son of a bitch. For those of us that actually do have real gift cards, I can't believe they're doing nothing for all of the legit gifts floating around out there with their name on it.

You're right, this is a freaking trainwreck. I just hope I'm not out $100+ dollars because of this shit.
Old 01-03-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I couldn't believe how many errors in the site shopping cart programming they had to make to end up with this happening.

I think once they figure out what is going on and cancel all the giftcards-bought-with-giftcards things might get straightened out for you. Good luck.
Old 01-03-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I appreciate the help, at least I have a vague idea of what's going on now and I guess I'll just check my balance every couple of days to see if they've straightened out the legit cards.