Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

No Customer Service @ Sharperimage.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-07, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't waste your time with the folks at sharperimage.com I placed an order there on 12/17. They guaranteed that I would receive my order before Christmas. THEY LIED!!!

They sent a confirmation that my order had shipped on 12/18 (Yes, an actual shipment confirmation). Turns out the order actually did not ship from their warehouse until 12/20.

In fact it magically shipped from their warehouse after my wife placed a call (on 12/20) inquiring about tracking and she was reassured that it was already shipped and would arrive by Christmas again.

As of today, the order will not arrive before 12/27. On top of "not" shipping my order on the 18th as stated by Sharper Image....they shipped it out via a UPS service level on 12/20 that would not arrive in time for Christmas!!!

If they had sent it overnight, IT WOULD HAVE ARRIVED ON TIME!!!

Customer Service apologized and apologized. However, they could not do anything to re-ship via Overnight Service. Their warehouse was too backed up to help. So I guess my order wasn't important enough at $150.

Thanks for NOTHING Sharper Image!!! Way to take care of your customers (or should I say former).
Old 12-22-07, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

they shipped UPS on the 20th and it will not arrive on the 24th? what state are you in? I'm guessing they used UPS ground but that is 5 days from coast to coast. There is always a small hope. But if you needed it for x-mas so badly why not order it before you only had a week to hope for delivery?
Old 12-22-07, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Not defending Sharper Image since they guaranteed it by Christmas (same deal as Amazon), but I have to agree that you're taking a risk ordering something for Christmas only one week prior...
Old 12-23-07, 11:24 PM

Bottomline is simple.

Order was placed on the 17th. Should have actually shipped on the 18th (as stated by them in their shipping confirmation). They never actually shipped it until the 20th, after a call was placed to their Customer Service department who realized it had not shipped.

Sharperimage.com chose the shipping method to be sure it arrived on the 24th. That was "their" guarantee. They were too cheap to choose the proper shipping method figuring they would save some dollars.

They chose 3 day select, which would have made it had the item actually shipped on the 18th like they said.

I reordered form another company on Friday the 21st, paid for upgraded shipping and amazingly it shipped.

Oh yeah, and by the way, when they were told that a stop payment was issued by Amex, they were suddenly able to issue a package intercept.

Hmmm, that means that they lied again when they said they can't issue a shipping level upgrade with UPS while its en route.

I've done intercepts and upgrades on trade samples with FEDEX numerous times over the years, and told them I would be shocked if UPS did not offer the same service.

They sure can jump through hoops when they know they are not getting paid!!!

Last edited by hankthedwarf; 12-23-07 at 11:27 PM.