Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has this ever happened to anyone? (F.Y.E. related)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

so I went to f.y.e. yesterday with my brother, and their release date bulletin had said Halloween was released on dec 11th. My brother goes and picks up a copy, goes to pay for it, and they wouldnt sell it to him saying it was a mistake that it hasnt been released yet. We go back today (just bc we were in the area) and as I'm browsing the DVDs in the horror H section, there it is again so I grab it and give it to him guessing it was released today. So he takes it and shops around and I'm at the opposite end of the store. He comes up to me and says one of the girls working there comes up to him while she was talking on her cell phone and without saying a word just pulls the DVD out of his hands. He told me he asked her why she did that and she said "it wasnt supposed to be there and I'm not getting fired so you can buy the DVD early" with an attitude. My brother is very against confrontation but I kind of enjoy it so I walked around the store looking for her and apparently she went into the back. I left without buying anything and called cust serv. and left a msg to complain after calling the store asking for her name. Was I wrong in doing this???
Old 12-17-07, 03:52 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
F.Y.E. gets into trouble with their distributor if they break street date, so you can't blame them for not selling it. Of course, it is a problem that they put it out on the shelves.

Ultimately it's not worth throwing a fit over an honest mistake. It's much easier to just go buy it tomorrow. FYE, and several other stores, will have this in stock -- it'll be easy to find.

I did run into something similar when World of Warcraft came out. I went into Circuit City on launch day and they had STACKS of the game. But they wouldn't sell me one because it "wasn't in the computer". I asked (rhetorically) how retailers possibly could have sold goods before the computer age. The little girl behind the counter had no idea.

Last edited by Groucho; 12-17-07 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-18-07, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
F.Y.E. gets into trouble with their distributor if they break street date, so you can't blame them for not selling it. Of course, it is a problem that they put it out on the shelves.

Ultimately it's not worth throwing a fit over an honest mistake. It's much easier to just go buy it tomorrow. FYE, and several other stores, will have this in stock -- it'll be easy to find.

I did run into something similar when World of Warcraft came out. I went into Circuit City on launch day and they had STACKS of the game. But they wouldn't sell me one because it "wasn't in the computer". I asked (rhetorically) how retailers possibly could have sold goods before the computer age. The little girl behind the counter had no idea.
the first time is understandable. the second time is not. having an attitude about it makes it even worse.
Old 12-18-07, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Yeah, you can't really bitch about them not selling it to you. But as for the rude, unattentive employee, light her up.