DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Where do you do most of your B&M shopping? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/518918-where-do-you-do-most-your-b-m-shopping.html)

DJariya 12-02-07 01:52 AM

Where do you do most of your B&M shopping?

I personally like Best Buy or Target. I think Circuit City has some good prices on occasion. I fucking hate Wal Mart.

DeltaSigChi4 12-02-07 02:30 AM

I don't step foot into WalMart. EVER.

E

dollfins1 12-02-07 04:10 AM

I don't step foot into Circuit City. EVER.

Fixed lol

EdTheRipper 12-02-07 05:17 AM

Mainly Wal-Mart or Target. Those are the only two that don't require any extra time in the car.

Super56K 12-02-07 06:19 AM

I only have a local Wal-mart, but I'll do whatever general shopping I need while I'm commuting to college so I usually will hit up Target if I need anything.

Last time I was at Wal-mart I waited in line for close to 10 minutes to buy a $3 roll of Bandit packing tape...at 2pm on a weekday in a speedy checkout lane, lol. :( The local Wal-mart here is notorious for rarely ever having enough manpower working the checkouts...seems like at any given time their are five unused checkout lanes for every one that is open.

Yakuza Bengoshi 12-02-07 08:13 AM

I don't buy DVDs at B&Ms. The only things that that I buy at B&Ms are groceries, household and house repair items, and clothes. Everything else including cars (through local dealerships' internet sales managers), furniture, and electronics, I buy online.

fumanstan 12-02-07 10:30 AM

I voted Target, but really its probably a mix between Target and Best Buy.

Doc Moonlight 12-02-07 10:32 AM

MOst of the low-priced specials I get at Best Buy, but since Best Buy has pretty much stopped carrying "catalog" titles, I go to Borders for B&M purchases. I watch for coupons to bring the price down, and the company I used to work for gave us incentive points that could be cashed in at Borders.

Sparrow 12-02-07 11:47 AM

Best Buy: 90% - Although, I rarely buy at a B&M when there's Amazon.com and DVDPlanet
Target: 10% - For the exclusive that I must have (very rare)
Wal*Mart: 0% - Sorry, but the DVD could be free & that wouldn't get me to shop there
Circuit City: 0% - I find the local store to be grungy and unorganized

jjcool 12-02-07 12:19 PM

Probably about 40% best buy, 35% walmart, 20% target and 5% other. Luckily those three have really good local stores for me. I absolutely will not shop in the local circuit city. I fucking hate that store. "grungy and unorganized" is an understatement. A waste of prime retail space is more like it. That or the pits of hell.

tasha99 12-02-07 05:21 PM

Best Buy and Target.

bobert3 12-02-07 10:16 PM

Walmart, that's only because my wife work there, and I get her 10% employee discount. Circuit City would be next on the list.

Rogue588 12-03-07 01:38 AM

It's a toss-up between Best Buy or Costco. Though, lately it's been Best Buy.

Next would be Target (due to any "exclusives"), and though I loathe Circuit City, it's still ahead of Wal*Mart.

slop101 12-03-07 12:37 PM

BB, only because it's the most convenient - there's one right by my work, one right by my house and one smack dab in the middle of my commute - all of them with easy parking. If I know what I'm getting, I can be in and out of the store within 5 minutes.

Jericho 12-03-07 01:59 PM

I haven't bought anything B&M for some time, as I've found online better. Where I work is really close to a Walmart and a Target, but neither really offer great prices on what I'm looking for (High Def media). In the past, Walmart was usually the best, sometimes Circuit City, sometimes Best Buy. I live pretty close to everything but Circuit City, which is a good 15-20 minutes away. I usually shopped at Walmart as they were by far the cheapest and I could hit the store in "off" hours.

Groucho 12-03-07 02:11 PM

Assuming we're talking DVDs, then it's Best Buy. Their customer service is actually quite decent if you aren't trying to rip them off or get shady deals. Usually they have the best B&M prices each week, and a lot of exclusive extras (that usually turn out to be crap, but who cares -- it's free shit).

I also like Costco and Target.

bunkaroo 12-05-07 06:10 PM

I probably frequent Target the most with Fry's a close second and Best Buy becoming a distant third. Walmart and CC....ugh.

Heat 12-07-07 04:34 AM

Normally Circuit City - either their sale item or price matching a Best Buy ad.

The nice thing about them is that the store is always empty, so I can get in and out quickly. Honestly, I have no idea how my local store stays in business.

Eve Brown 12-07-07 11:29 AM

Shop CC for the cheap titles or PM. Target is next door but the sale titles are often fullscreen. I have started going to Best Buy more this year but its about 20 minutes away so only if am in the area.

Maxflier 12-08-07 02:55 PM

Best Buy.

I think i'm done with Circuit City completely. It takes forever to find a dvd since their dvd sections are totally unorganized. And don't get me started on them not using their cash registers and making everyone checkout at customer service.

Funk 12-08-07 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4
I don't step foot into WalMart. EVER.

Ditto.

Sadly, BB is probably the best B&M choice for me.

FusionX 12-08-07 05:29 PM

Most of the time Wal-Mart, the ones here are usually $2-3 cheaper than Best Buy on new releases, more on box sets. I dislike Circuit City and do the least shopping there.

blued888 12-09-07 09:51 PM

BB & Target for me. Circuit City would be my last choice. I went to the nearest Circuit City here and the arrangement of the DVDs were horrible!

BB & Target are organized, they don't give me headaches. :D

cc21392 12-09-07 09:56 PM

i have best buy, circuit city, and target like literally 1 min away from my house and they are all in the same shopping center so i go to all three walmart is like 15 mins from my house *don't go there that often*

BravesMG 12-09-07 10:08 PM

Best Buy & Walmart, I voted Best Buy though. Best Buy has a lot more stuff than Walmart, and it's always easier to find. If it's something that either store would have, I usually check Walmart first.