Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

what is that promotional thingy that DD pushes at the end of a transaction

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-09-07, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posting here in case this would be considered a threadcrap in the 20% board, which is not what I'm trying to do.

I love, love, love DD and order all year round from them besides during the 20% off sale. Never had any problems.

I've always noticed the gift or prize being offered at the end of making an order and never bit on it. I've assumed it's some kind of pitch and simply ignored it.

Last night when I made my first 20% order I was surprised to see that pitch come on the screen BEFORE the final transaction screen. I felt very uncomfortable with this and carefully looked for the proper link to finalize my order without accepting this offer. (I almost ended my connection because I felt confused when this screen came on.)

When I looked at my confirmation email this morning, I saw an additional line:
" Click here to claim your Special Reward for your next purchase!" (the final part of the link was "wls-emailconf." So, does this mean I've unintentionally activated this promotion last night or is everybody getting this same link in their email? (I'm assuming the latter.)

I greatly enjoy shopping at DD, but I don't like having to worry what I can safely click just to finish making an order.
Old 11-09-07, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like WebLoyalty

You have to opt in before it takes effect