DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Anyone try familyvideo.com? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/512674-anyone-try-familyvideo-com.html)

redcat 09-23-07 01:48 PM

Anyone try familyvideo.com?

I saw that they had Halo 3 for $49.99 (regular edition) and PGR 4 pre-order for $49.99. Anyone ever pre-ordered from them? Just wondering how long it might take. I'm willing to wait a few extra days for PGR 4 for the cheaper price since I'm sure I'll still be playing Halo at that point.

Brent L 09-23-07 01:51 PM

Yeah, a lot of us use them all the time. Use the coupon code NEWMEM5F for $5 off your first purchase (can be used multiple times as long as you sign up with a new email address).

They've always worked out just perfect for me, and I always receive my orders very quickly from them. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

smashthesymbols 09-23-07 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
Yeah, a lot of us use them all the time. Use the coupon code NEWMEM5F for $5 off your first purchase (can be used multiple times as long as you sign up with a new email address).

They've always worked out just perfect for me, and I always receive my orders very quickly from them. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I second that. Family Video has always been great for me. I've never used them for a preorder, but regular orders arrive quickly and with no problems.

Brent L 09-23-07 01:56 PM

I've even used them for preorders before, and they pretty much always show up either the day of release, or the day after.

pinata242 09-23-07 02:07 PM

The $0.99 shipping option takes about a week from ship (release date or the day after) until it arrives in my mailbox. If it's important to you, you might want upgrade that.

I'm not sure what option Brent L used or if he got video games, but that speed has not been my experience.

Brent L 09-23-07 02:33 PM

I've always used the $0.99 shipping option - it may depend on how soon you place the preorder though, I don't know.

NoirFan 09-23-07 02:36 PM

I've even used them for preorders before, and they pretty much always show up either the day of release, or the day after.

I pre-ordered Cruising from them, and it didn't ship until three days after the release date. Still, with their $5.00 off coupons, I'm not complaining.

redcat 09-23-07 04:05 PM

Thanks for the replies and the coupon code. With that, I'll be getting Project Gotham Racing 4 for just over $50 with UPS shipping. I just placed my pre-order.

pinata242 09-23-07 04:30 PM

I've always used the $0.99 shipping option - it may depend on how soon you place the preorder though, I don't know.

It probably helps that they have SC stores too. I wonder where they ship yours vs mine - I've honestly never checked the return address.

Brent L 09-23-07 05:37 PM

I'm not sure about that, I've never bothered to check the return address either. The next time I receive something from them I'll be sure to check.