DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Circuit City Rebate Problem (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/511568-circuit-city-rebate-problem.html)

xfilekr 09-10-07 06:54 PM

Circuit City Rebate Problem

I'm at the end of trying to figure this out- I'll try to sum it up as shortly as possible. I worked at CC for a little over a year, ending in September 2006.
Right before I left I purchased a 1080p Mitsubishi TV for $1976.05 at employee discount. At this time, Mitsubishi was also offering an employee bonus of $725 after filling out the proper form and mailing it with the receipt and barcode in.
So I purchased the TV late September, mailed in the rebate in October and never heard anything. So Beginning of January I start to wonder where the hell my rebate is...thats a big rebate.

So I contact the following: Circuit City corporate, the man in charge of those promotions, only to get his voicemail and left repeated messages. Then I tried Mitsubishi headquarters who ultimately sent me to the CC guy I had been calling. I called the CC rebate center who said that they didn't deal with those, it was Mitsubishi. I also tried working with the management of the store. NONE of these people have given me any assistance of any kind. "I'll get back to you" "Let me look into it" etc have been spoken many times.

Well, here we are, a year later and no rebate. I would love to drop the TV off at customer service, but I honestly think they'd tell me to kiss their ass....any suggestions? I have run out of ideas and options, CC is no help- do I have any legal stance? The one thing that I know will screw me is that during a move in December I can no longer find a copy of the rebate form I filled out...I still have my receipt and ticket number, but no record of the actual rebate promotion. HELP!

disneyguy 09-10-07 07:43 PM

you said Mitsubishi was offering the rebate not CC..So why blame CC.
Besides you have no record of the promotion..IMO you have no case..
JMO..
DG

xfilekr 09-10-07 08:19 PM

CC is getting blamed because the rebate is through them, Mitsubishi might cut the rebate check, but it is done through CC's internal intranet system, just not through their normal customer rebate center. Mitsubishi forwarded me to the person at CC corporate as they were in charge of it.

I have record of the promotion, in fact another employee at another store has the same issue- I just dont have my actual submission form copy. So yeah, I probably screwed myself by losing it, but I've submitted tons of rebates through CC, Staples, FYE, etc and received every single one. Figures I don't get the only real big one. Lesson learned.

Oh well, I filled out with the BBB, we'll see where it goes.
If I don't get anything from it, tough shit I guess- its more the principle of it. I love the tv and its worth every cent. But CC has been very anti-consumer by their actions in various places including this forum, and I advocate not shopping there.

Don't let this turn into a CC thread about other issues, I was just looking for suggestions on trying to get somewhere with the issue or possibly find another employee who had the same issue with the promotion.

Doc Moonlight 09-11-07 09:43 AM

Most rebates are administered by a third party not the vendor or manufacturer themselves. You say you hae a copy of the promotion. Look at the city where the rebate is submitted and use google to see if you can identify a rebate company in that city. Once you have done that, contact the rebate company directly. I had to do this with an Office Depot rebate. They had to do a manual search through their files and it took a long time to resolve, but eventually I got my check.