Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Planet Quote Machine

Old 10-31-08, 04:27 PM
  #301  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 5,024
Originally Posted by chengzhen View Post
I haven't read all the DVD Planet 20% off posts, but can you use store credit and coupon codes together?
Yes patiently waiting for the 20% sale to start. I have over $1600 in credit at Dvd Planet and over 60 Blu-rays in my Wishlist.
kahuna is offline  
Old 10-31-08, 05:16 PM
  #302  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,054
Originally Posted by kahuna View Post
Yes patiently waiting for the 20% sale to start. I have over $1600 in credit at Dvd Planet and over 60 Blu-rays in my Wishlist.
Holy crap, that's sweet. I've got about $250 once the shipment that just arrived yesterday gets credited. The 20% off sale gets me about 2 extra Blu-Ray disks, so that's always a welcome treat.
danicus007 is offline  
Old 11-01-08, 09:37 AM
  #303  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 58
I seem to be getting an error right before the last screen. Is this happening to anyone else?
munch is offline  
Old 11-01-08, 07:34 PM
  #304  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 1,161
Originally Posted by munch View Post
I seem to be getting an error right before the last screen. Is this happening to anyone else?
Yep. The site seems to be down...
Heliosphann is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 08:18 AM
  #305  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
alfonsosoriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Central Connecticut
Posts: 2,836
Few questions on trading in to DVDPlanet:

Is it store credit only?

How strict are they compared to say secondspin.com in terms of case/dvd quality? Nothing I have is messed up beyond belief but I'm just curious.

Thanks!
alfonsosoriano is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 08:18 AM
  #306  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
alfonsosoriano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Central Connecticut
Posts: 2,836
Few questions on trading in to DVDPlanet:

Is it store credit only?

How strict are they compared to say secondspin.com in terms of case/dvd quality? Nothing I have is messed up beyond belief but I'm just curious.

Thanks!
alfonsosoriano is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 08:25 AM
  #307  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,096
Originally Posted by munch View Post
I seem to be getting an error right before the last screen. Is this happening to anyone else?
Is the error your getting a login error ? As i am unable to login to my account all weekend. I get stupid error screen after i enter my password.

get this:

An error happened while processing your request.


BTW dvdplanet your new site design is terrible with those added buttons. How about a redesign where you need it in the search feature. BLU-ray you have to sit clicking through all the pages to find something at times.
Piazza is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 08:45 AM
  #308  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by Piazza View Post
Is the error your getting a login error ? As i am unable to login to my account all weekend. I get stupid error screen after i enter my password.

get this:

An error happened while processing your request.


BTW dvdplanet your new site design is terrible with those added buttons. How about a redesign where you need it in the search feature. BLU-ray you have to sit clicking through all the pages to find something at times.
Yeah, i was getting that error, and I got one saying there was a problem with the database too. I'm trying to log on right now and get an error.

And I agree that DVDPlanet really needs to work on their site.
munch is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 08:47 AM
  #309  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,054
I seem to remember these website problems happening before the last 20% off sale started. Pretty sure that's when they came out with the new site design too.
danicus007 is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 09:02 AM
  #310  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,096
Originally Posted by danicus007 View Post
I seem to remember these website problems happening before the last 20% off sale started. Pretty sure that's when they came out with the new site design too.
Ohh thats right the annual 20% off sale starts sometime this month right ? That would be perfect timing for me. The last few times i did not have anything to order during the sale.
Piazza is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 09:04 AM
  #311  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,096
Originally Posted by munch View Post
Yeah, i was getting that error, and I got one saying there was a problem with the database too. I'm trying to log on right now and get an error.
Ok thanks, it is always easier to take when you know it is not just yourself experiencing the problem.
Piazza is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 09:38 AM
  #312  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Medieval England, Iowa
Posts: 744
Am I missing something, restrictions or something? This can't be right.
Using their quote machine, I'm getting some great quotes on stuff like the Big Lots titles. We got them for $3, and the quotes are $5 or more. Other places, like SecondSpin, only give $.50-$2.00 for those tites. Same thing with the Family Dollar "mystery DVD" titles.

My first time trying to sell to them, so I just wanna make sure this site is on the up and up.

EDIT: not that it matters right now, since when I go to checkout/create an account it hits an error and can't proceed.
cinemaphile is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 09:40 AM
  #313  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,054
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
Am I missing something, restrictions or something? This can't be right.
Using their quote machine, I'm getting some great quotes on stuff like the Big Lots titles. We got them for $3, and the quotes are $5 or more. Other places, like SecondSpin, only give $.50-$2.00 for those tites. Same thing with the Family Dollar "mystery DVD" titles.

My first time trying to sell to them, so I just wanna make sure this site is on the up and up.

EDIT: not that it matters right now, since when I go to checkout/create an account it hits an error and can't proceed.
Yes, they are pretty generous with their rates. I haven't had a disk less than $3.00 and second spin was about 50 cents. Most of my $5 Wal-Mart bin dvds are around $3-4 on trade in with DVD Planet. Pretty sweet. Still waiting for my last credit from this past Thursday to show up.
danicus007 is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 03:08 PM
  #314  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 58
I finally got my Quote and sent the DVDs off. If everything goes well I should be getting about $120 of credit. This is pretty awesome.
munch is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 09:43 PM
  #315  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 414
Quote Machine down for maintenance right now - hopefully this doesn't last for weeks like last time
souvenir is offline  
Old 11-03-08, 11:00 PM
  #316  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Quake1028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Hurricanes Season Ticket Holder
Posts: 26,576
I have around an $800 quote to send in. How would you pros suggest sending this? Just throw everything in a huge box and go media mail?
Quake1028 is offline  
Old 11-04-08, 06:19 AM
  #317  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
I have around an $800 quote to send in. How would you pros suggest sending this? Just throw everything in a huge box and go media mail?
That's what I did. I sent in 19 DVDs, the box weighed 6 pounds, and it cost $5. with delivery confirmation. I just hope that it gets to DVDPlanet and processes in time for the 20% off sale.
munch is offline  
Old 11-04-08, 07:03 AM
  #318  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,797
I just sent off another box worth $350...

Got a nice total going for the sale
Matthew Ackerly is offline  
Old 11-04-08, 12:33 PM
  #319  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,096
I received my credit today.. They received my package 10/27, so it was a 1-Week turnaround, which is pretty darn good.
Piazza is offline  
Old 11-04-08, 01:31 PM
  #320  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,054
Originally Posted by Piazza View Post
I received my credit today.. They received my package 10/27, so it was a 1-Week turnaround, which is pretty darn good.
Good to hear. I'm still waiting on my credit from a package received on the 29th.
danicus007 is offline  
Old 11-04-08, 01:41 PM
  #321  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Somewhere in the boonies, MA
Posts: 7,483
System shows I have no credit. I have over 200pts so I know I have $5 I never used. My account shows the points but shows no credit. What's going on over there?

Last edited by Eric F; 11-04-08 at 01:47 PM.
Eric F is offline  
Old 11-04-08, 01:46 PM
  #322  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,407
Originally Posted by danicus007 View Post
Good to hear. I'm still waiting on my credit from a package received on the 29th.
I'm also waiting for a credit from a package received on the 29th. Hopefully soon!
Arthur Dent is offline  
Old 11-04-08, 01:48 PM
  #323  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 1,054
Well their 20% sale is coming soon since they just starting raising their prices. I was just in my wishlist and clicked on a few items and most of them are already $2 more expensive. Iron Man BD went from $27 to $29 as an example.
danicus007 is offline  
Old 11-04-08, 01:58 PM
  #324  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,407
Originally Posted by danicus007 View Post
Well their 20% sale is coming soon since they just starting raising their prices. I was just in my wishlist and clicked on a few items and most of them are already $2 more expensive. Iron Man BD went from $27 to $29 as an example.
25% this time
Arthur Dent is offline  
Old 11-04-08, 02:15 PM
  #325  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 17,189
Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
System shows I have no credit. I have over 200pts so I know I have $5 I never used. My account shows the points but shows no credit. What's going on over there?
I've yet to earn enough points to redeem for credit on an order, but according to their website you have to apply the points/credit at checkout. I don't think it will automatically become a credit to your account.
Cardsfan111 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.