Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount Question

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount Question

Old 08-27-07, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deep Discount Question

I placed an order at DD for the first time on Sat. the 25th. I was just wondering how long it takes for them to ship. My order status still says processing. I was just wondering if it was normal for it to take this long to ship because I have never ordered anything from the site before. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-27-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since this doesn't have anything to do with DVDs, maybe ask a mod to move it to the store forum.

Deep Discount has been pretty good for me, shipping orders within a day or two. I placed an order on the 25th, too, and it shipped today.

Be aware, the free shipping is Media Mail, which can take longer to get where it's going.
Old 08-27-07, 08:17 PM

I'll do that. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-27-07, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just an fyi, like dvdplanet as of late, a recent dd.com order shipped in a bubble envelope
Old 08-27-07, 10:28 PM

I've always had great luck with DD and received orders in just a few days. Fast shipping, even during their sales. Probably a week tops.

Ahhh, I just checked their site. Looks like they're in Illinois and I'm northern Indiana. That helps explain the quick shipping.
Old 08-27-07, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seems about normal to me. Considering it was the weekend, I'd expect a shipping notice by tomorrow for all in-stock items.
Old 08-27-07, 10:32 PM

It depends upon what it is. If it is posters or storage, that could be drop-shipped from the manufacturer, so you are waiting on them not DD. DD just passes the order to them.

I also waited the same for my posters and storage. The actual shipping message for my poster came about a week AFTER I received them. Called DD about it and they said they got a notice from the manufacturer that they had shipped and then passed that note on to me.
Old 08-28-07, 01:40 AM

I ordered 3 DVDs, all in-stock. Hopefully I will recieve the shipping notice tomorrow, but I keep checking and it still says processing. Thanks for all the feedback
Old 08-28-07, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts
Not to bad-mouth DD, but it seems that if you pick the free shipping option, they take their sweet time shipping it out.

I haven't ordered from them in over as year so this could have improved.

Luckily, I don't live too far from them so if I want something I can usually swing by on the way home from work and pick it up. But special sales (like the $20% one) only apply to internet orders.