Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Returning something that was part of a promo at Best Buy?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-09-07, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I bought Muppets S1 and S2 the other day, but am considering returning S2 because I'm strapped for cash.

What happens when I return it on my receipt since I got each for $19.99 because I bought them both? Will I get $19.99 back, or whatever amount after the deduction that is on my receipt, or something else entirely?

Last edited by rmick; 08-09-07 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-09-07, 12:57 PM

if you items you purchased are marked between ***********and ********** then they might refuse the refund. Or they might make you pay the regular price for the one you want to keep. Package Pricing is sort-of tricky and it all depends on the rep.
Old 08-10-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
As has been said, package discounts are sometimes tricky. If you do try to return on eof the two, they may bump up the price of the other one. What I think will probably happen is they will give you 19.99 back. Of course you could wait till it goes off sale and return it without a receipt, and try to get regular price back. In the end, what matters most is the salesperson that you get to do the return. Whatever they think, is what the end result is gonna be.
Old 08-11-07, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool
As has been said, package discounts are sometimes tricky. If you do try to return on eof the two, they may bump up the price of the other one. What I think will probably happen is they will give you 19.99 back. Of course you could wait till it goes off sale and return it without a receipt, and try to get regular price back. In the end, what matters most is the salesperson that you get to do the return. Whatever they think, is what the end result is gonna be.
You can't do that. I just quit from there, they can look up your info via computer.

THey'll make you pay reg. price for SSN 1. So, say you got both 2 for 40 bucks, but, they're 25.99 each otherwise. They will make you pay the 5.99 for ssn 1 since you returned ssn 2. Hope I helped!!