Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

A Dishonest Question About Slipcovers

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 07-17-07, 09:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I don't travel to the dark side too often in life, but I have a question about being somewhat dishonest. I collect the Masters Of Horror dvds and the first two that were ever released (John Carpenter & Stuart Gordon) I have but I threw out the slipcovers as they had bad sticker remnants. Now I have the complete collection of Season 1 and all that been released for Season 2. I am sorely missing the slipcovers for the first two. I was at FYE recently and I noticed they had both with the slipcovers and of course their was OVER suggested retail price (they were $15.99 each). I was thinking about buying the 2 dvds, taking the slipcovers off and returning the dvds for a refund or even a store credit. Will stores like FYE take them back? Will I burn in hell for this? Will I be sent to Purgatory if I do this? Do people actually do this? Any info would be great...
Old 07-17-07, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know about the afterlife, but I did this once sort of, I had a damaged slipcover I recieved in the mail and I bought and returned the bad one at a different B&M. I'm sure you would have no problem with the missing slipcover, as they scan whats under it anyways.

I also just asked if I could have a slipcover at Walmart once and the clerk said sure.
Old 07-17-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am gonna say that it is not a bad thing. I have the same OCD as you, so I understand. The thing is, there are people that DO NOT have the need for the slipcover. The DVD is just as good for most of the DVD buying population. No biggie dude.
Old 07-17-07, 10:39 AM
X
Administrator

Received 149 Likes on 120 Posts
Did you enjoy suspension that much?

YOUR MEMBERSHIP TO THE DVD TALK FORUM IS ALSO PREDICATED ON YOUR ADHERENCE TO THESE RULES. If you violate any of these rules your account will be suspended and you may be permanently banned from membership at our discretion:

ABSOLUTELY NO:

• Posting Information on how to defraud any company or promotion of any kind of illegal or unethical activity
• Anything aimed at defrauding or taking advantage of another company, exploiting flaws or weaknesses in their systems or sites