Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet QuoteMachine Issue

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,

I attempted to submit a quote for trade-in with DVD Planet today, and, generally, when I submit it, I receive a confirmation very quickly. It has been a couple of hours, and I have received no confirmation. I think I wound up doing this twice, as I thought I have have forgotten to submit the first time, but now I am convinced the problem is on DVD Planet's end.

I thought this might warrant its own thread in case others were having difficulty submitting their trade-in quotes. The CSR said there was no way to look up QuoteMachine information, but I find it hard to believe someone can't check on the backend.

Can you help me out?
Old 06-19-07, 02:49 PM

I just received my quotes, so disregard if you didn't do anything, and thanks if you did.
Old 07-12-07, 01:32 PM

Not the same issue, but was wondering if there was a way to check current status of the DVDs I sold. The confirmation email I received when I submitted provides a Personal ID and says to use it the next time I log into Quotemachine. However, I can't figure out how to log into it. Basically, I am curious to know approximately how long it takes to receive my store credit from DVDPlanet after they have received my package. This is the first time I have used this service....

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-12-07, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

AmonTwin,

I have recently turned in 2 boxes of trade-ins to DVD Planet. The first took 2 weeks (which appears the norm), but the latest only took 3 days before I had the credit in my account.

I do not know of any way to check the status of your trade-in. They do not send you an e-mail stating that your account has been credited, so the only way I know is to keep logging in and checking your account. I do not use the quote machine personal ID but log in as usual -- your trade-in credit will appear as "Store Credit" under the "Discounts/Credits" section of your account.
Old 07-13-07, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, log in to your account and check. I sent a shipment last week, and it's already hit my account.
Old 07-13-07, 09:14 AM
Cool New Member

Look like I'm an unlucky guy.

Sent in my a month ago, and still no credit.

Sent emails and no respond and no credit.

Bummer.
Old 07-13-07, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by pipemann
Look like I'm an unlucky guy.

Sent in my a month ago, and still no credit.

Sent emails and no respond and no credit.

Bummer.
Yea, my Delivery confirmation says they got it June 9th, and im still waiting...
Old 07-14-07, 01:39 AM

General questions:

Do you have to send it to them a particular way? Priority Mail, Media Mail, other...

Does your credit last forever, or do you have to spend it within a certain period of time?
Old 07-14-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by yeldarb367
General questions:

Do you have to send it to them a particular way? Priority Mail, Media Mail, other...
Any way you want is fine.

Does your credit last forever, or do you have to spend it within a certain period of time?
I don't know about this. I've been assuming, and hoping, that it is good for an indeterminate time but I don't know that. It would really suck if it wasn't.
Old 07-15-07, 04:42 PM

Something that I mentioned in the DVDPlanet Sucks thread: it seems the only way to get your credit take care of is to email Mark, who sends you the quote email.