Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Applause for DVDempire

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Applause for DVDempire

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Applause for DVDempire

The other day I ordered a very obscure title from them around 1:30 in the morning, West Coast time. By the time I got up for work the next morning, it had already shipped.

I'm used to dealing with companies like DVDplanet, which have better prices, but which can make me wait several days before even shipping an item.

Thanks DVDempire! I'll be shopping you more.
Old 06-08-07, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVDempire.com ships out same day if ordered before a certain time. They do however ship media mail...but do have other options. to them on my one purchase a couple months ago.
Old 06-08-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yup dvdempire ships fast.i remember i ordered something back in december and they shipped it 2 hours after i placed my order!
Old 06-08-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
You're welcome, Peep.
Old 06-08-07, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've never received anything but excellent service from DVDempire. Those folks really have their act together. AAA service always.
Old 06-08-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

they even send out my movies before I order them!
Old 06-08-07, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
they even send out my movies before I order them!
Now that's fast!
Old 06-08-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I concurn, super fast shipping compared to most others out there! The only reason I don't shop there more is their prices seem a bit higher on average. But really, it seems a top rate company.
Old 06-08-07, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by LotusEater79
I placed an order with them for two DVDs to be shipped using expedited shipping in one shipment. One of the DVDs that was listed as "in stock" went out of stock between the time I ordered and they were going to ship out. I contacted them and got the order changed to two "in stock" DVDs.
Lotus,
Sorry for your bad experience...I just wanted to point out that when you order something that is listed as "In Stock", the title is automatically resevered for you...meaning that if at a later point it reads "On Order", that doesn't mean you lost the title you resevered. Customers will note in their cart that the item will read "Product Reserved" so customers know we're holding that copy for them. Even if you're waiting for another product in your order to arrive before the shipment is sent (be it a prebook or something that was "On Order" on our site when you ordered it), rest assured that anything listed as "In Stock" when you ordered it has been set aside for you and will stay that way no matter how long it takes to fill your order.

Of course, if everything in your order is in stock, we almost always ship it the same day, or the next working day if it's after 3pm EST.

Again, sorry you had a bad experience, but wanted to clear that up about the ordering process, should you ever wish to give us another try.
Old 06-08-07, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Lotus,
Sorry for your bad experience...I just wanted to point out that when you order something that is listed as "In Stock", the title is automatically resevered for you...meaning that if at a later point it reads "On Order", that doesn't mean you lost the title you resevered. Customers will note in their cart that the item will read "Product Reserved" so customers know we're holding that copy for them. Even if you're waiting for another product in your order to arrive before the shipment is sent (be it a prebook or something that was "On Order" on our site when you ordered it), rest assured that anything listed as "In Stock" when you ordered it has been set aside for you and will stay that way no matter how long it takes to fill your order.
good to hear that this is the policy now because this was exactly the reason why i stopped using dvdempire (more specifically adultdvdempire) years ago. i ordered about 15 movies and they kept moving in and out of stock, none were all in at the same exact time so my order wasnt being sent. i was told they dont hold/reserve the in-stock items until the rest come in and are ready to ship and i had to somehow hope to get lucky and have all 15 movies there on the same day, so after a month i gave up on them and had to cancel everything.

maybe ill try them again sometime but its the main reason i stayed away.
Old 06-11-07, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the only thing that pisses me off about DVDempire is that you have to add THREE DVDs so you can qualify for a free shipping.they should just make free shipping above $25,just like the rest or at least drop that to TWO dvds to qualify for free shipping.