Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy's Reward Zone Reward Certificates

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally checked my Reward Zone account after a few months and found that I have a $20, $10, & $5 in Reward Certificates, I've never used these before, so I'm not sure if DVDs are some of the "eligible products" I can use the Certificates on. I was thinking about getting all 7 of the Horrorfest films.

And this is wishful thinking, but, can I use them all at once (totaling $35) on one purchase? *crosses fingers*
Old 03-28-07, 05:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They are essentially just like cash. You can use them for anything in the store in any combination. I think the only thing you can't do is try to get change back.
Old 03-28-07, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as long as your total is more than the certificates you can use them. speaking of these last week best buy sent me $35 in rz certificates for no reason. Dont know why but they did, i was no where near the total need to get that many certificates.
Old 03-28-07, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Remeber the rewards expire, so make sure you use them before they do.

nemein summed it up perfectly. There are no restrictions, (no $ amount you have to reach, no certain items they work on, etc). Use them like cash, just remember that you wont get any change from them
Old 03-28-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
Keep in mind the amount is the pre-tax cost. $10 certificate can't be used on a $9.99 movie.

I've actually started to increase the amount of the certficiates. I think I may actually bump it to the max amount soon.

Luckily I've only had one certficate expire - was in a stack of papers. At least it was only $5.
Old 03-28-07, 09:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Superman07
Keep in mind the amount is the pre-tax cost. $10 certificate can't be used on a $9.99 movie.

I've actually started to increase the amount of the certficiates. I think I may actually bump it to the max amount soon.

Luckily I've only had one certficate expire - was in a stack of papers. At least it was only $5.
Really? My store takes the amount off the cost of 1 or more of the items. Then subtotaled and taxed.

Guess I assumed all stores did that.
Old 03-28-07, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

errr i don't live in the US but i do buy sometimes from their website...can someone tell me how can i know my points online? and can i redeem them online?
Old 03-28-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No, you can't use the certificates online.
Old 03-28-07, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by the Chief
Really? My store takes the amount off the cost of 1 or more of the items. Then subtotaled and taxed.

Guess I assumed all stores did that.
hence the pretax cost.
All stores do do it that way.
Old 03-28-07, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the info everyone -- I went to Best Buy and they didn't have all the Horrorfest DVDs there, so it took me about 30 minutes but I decided to get "Die Hard - The Ultimate Collection", after the certificates, It was only $2.85 Sweet
Old 03-30-07, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,061 Posts
Great set!

I'm still waiting for my RZ certificates from the first year BB started this program.

Everytime they ask me if I'd like to sign up at checkout I have to bite my tongue so as not to laugh in their face. I guess the kinks have been worked out since then, huh?
Old 03-31-07, 11:22 PM

Just to point out the possibly obvious, but RZ certs cannot be used to buy gift cards. I believe that is the lone restriction. Seems senseless but when I worked at BBY people often tried to get around the expiration date issue.
Old 04-01-07, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by arsmith7
Just to point out the possibly obvious, but RZ certs cannot be used to buy gift cards. I believe that is the lone restriction. Seems senseless but when I worked at BBY people often tried to get around the expiration date issue.
I've been told in the past there is another way around this. Buy products with your RZ certs and then return them. The points are returned to your account after a few days when the return registers in the reward zone system and new certs are re-issued in a week or two since you'll hit the threshold again giving you another full cycle of expiration.

Can anyone confirm that it works?
Old 04-02-07, 12:56 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Remember, the Reward Zone Certs also include tax....So that $10 GC for ME is actually $10.71 (Tax in my part of California). I nice extra bonus.
Old 04-02-07, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
I've been told in the past there is another way around this. Buy products with your RZ certs and then return them. The points are returned to your account after a few days when the return registers in the reward zone system and new certs are re-issued in a week or two since you'll hit the threshold again giving you another full cycle of expiration.

Can anyone confirm that it works?
I can not confirm recently, but earlier this year, yes. I returned something, not to extend my points, but to return it as was not the right thing. The points were restored to my account. I do not remember how soon as I got another Cert and saw in the transaction history that they had been returned.