Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deepdiscount.com change Today!!! 2/7 7:00pm CST

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deepdiscount.com change Today!!! 2/7 7:00pm CST

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-07, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree about the menu bar acting/looking a little funky. The site looks a million times better though.

Any "Grand Opening" sales planned?
Old 02-08-07, 05:44 AM

at long last

Congratulations on the new site! What, no Grand Opening Sale?

I have to buck the trend by saying I thought the old format was a bit easier to navigate. The left column links made it simple to find the catalog of interest. All these "Top Five" lists and "hot titles" do nothing for me, since I don't pay attentioni to popularity trends. I hope our old DDD wishlists are transferred soon. I'm afraid to add any new titles until it's clear they won't be interpreted as a replacement list.
Old 02-08-07, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My wishlist from deepdiscountdvd.com has been deleted with the change.
Old 02-08-07, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

any way we can get the advance search back? it was helpful when looking for a particular label (something I do often with CDs) and I can't anymore.
Old 02-08-07, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts
My extensive wishlist is gone and my account doesn't show any orders placed after November
Old 02-08-07, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My wishlist still isn't back either
Old 02-08-07, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another crappy thing is that, unlike the old site, I have to keep logging back in after I leave the site....this is really annoying.
Old 02-08-07, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have to log in whenever I move around the site. After I make an order, when I move back to the home page, when I move from books to DVDs
Old 02-08-07, 07:04 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by me12321
I've had nothing but great experiences with Deep Discount DVD so I'm rather excited for their new site. If their book prices are as competitive as their DVD prices I'll be in heaven.
Amen! This is (was) true for Deep Discount CD as well.
Old 02-08-07, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking for upcoming releases is a lot harder now...no more single list, you have to navigate through pages and pages to see them all. It would be a lot easier if you can click on a specific date of upcoming releases but there is no option for this.

I miss the old site already
Old 02-08-07, 07:48 AM

Is the site optomized for 800x600 resolution? It feels like everything is squished left to right, and there's a lot of wasted real estate on the sides of the screen. This is noticeable even on my crappy old work computer running at 1024x768 resolution, and it's even more annoying when I'm surfing from my home computer with a higher resolution. Just a minor gripe, I guess; still looks more professional than the old site.
Old 02-08-07, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The menu appears slightly goofy in Firefox, and very goofy in Safari on the Mac side too.
Old 02-08-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Accessing your account information could be a bit more prominent then looking around and finally discovering it buried way down at the bottom of the page.

...and should I be concerned that an open order I had is not appearing in my account whereas my fully shipped orders are?
Old 02-08-07, 08:49 AM

DD Dave,

I found an interesting search glitch that you might want to look in to as it almost just caused me to not make an order. Try and repeat what I did and you'll see what I mean...

I wanted to buy a bunch of books my Eric Ambler. I did a search under books for Eric Ambler, and it gave me 4 results.

At first I thought that meant DD didn't have much of a selection, but then I clicked on one of the titles, clicked on the author's name "Eric Ambler" at the top, and this time it gave me 14 results. Considering that 99% of customers will search the first way, that could cost you some sales.

Hope that helps!
Old 02-08-07, 09:05 AM
DeepDiscount.com

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
Accessing your account information could be a bit more prominent then looking around and finally discovering it buried way down at the bottom of the page.

...and should I be concerned that an open order I had is not appearing in my account whereas my fully shipped orders are?

Thanks for the input. We'll look at moving the link.

Open orders are being transferred currently. You should see them by early tomorrow morning.

Thanks for you patience
Old 02-08-07, 09:06 AM
DeepDiscount.com

Originally Posted by arbogast777
DD Dave,

I found an interesting search glitch that you might want to look in to as it almost just caused me to not make an order. Try and repeat what I did and you'll see what I mean...

I wanted to buy a bunch of books my Eric Ambler. I did a search under books for Eric Ambler, and it gave me 4 results.

At first I thought that meant DD didn't have much of a selection, but then I clicked on one of the titles, clicked on the author's name "Eric Ambler" at the top, and this time it gave me 14 results. Considering that 99% of customers will search the first way, that could cost you some sales.

Hope that helps!

This does help. Thank you very much. We'll look into this error right away.
Old 02-08-07, 09:40 AM

Hmm, wheres' the free shipping to Canada? I thought since you merged the DDD.ca site with this new site you would offer free shipping to Canada to? no?
Old 02-08-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DeepDiscountDVD
Thanks Guys -- I'm looking forward to your feedback

Dave

Dave,

The site looks great so far. I have a question / request, though - I maintain the unofficial DDD 20% off FAQ here at DVD Talk, and I was wondering if there was a way to get in touch with you about the sale, and how it will work with the new site (assuming that it's held as usual), and to have official answers to questions that come up every time I post the FAQ.
Old 02-08-07, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Some other suggestions:

The ability to pick more than one item to move to wishlist or move from wishlist to your cart. If I have 20 items I want to move to my cart from my wishlist I have to perform the function 20 times. It was much easier on your old system.

Your website says that items in cart only stay there 60 minutes - I hope this isn't true.

If I am in the DVD section, when doing a search, it always searches the entire site - is there any way that it can just stay on DVDs as the default?

The 2 biggest problems still for me are:

1- the constant entering of my account name & password... it is really, really annoying & time consuming.

2- Searching your upcoming releases is extremely unwieldly.

These 2 areas would definitely have an impact on my using the site regularly.

Overall the site does look nicer, but for me, ease of use is my number one concern. As of right now it is more time consuming for me to use the website than before. Maybe this is because I used the wishlist a lot, kept going back to your website constantly throughout the day and was always placing items in my cart from your upcoming release section.

Last edited by Jaymole; 02-08-07 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-08-07, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jaymole
1- the constant entering of my account name & password... it is really, really annoying & time consuming.
Try backing out through your browser history until the top menu bar shows a "logout" option. This is actually the same behavior I noticed on DDD. It has something to do with cookies being attached to a certain level in the search area, rather than the entire site.
Overall the site does look nicer, but for me, ease of use is my number one concern. As of right now it is more time consuming for me to use the website than before. Maybe this is because I used the wishlist a lot, kept going back to your website constantly throughout the day and was always placing items in my cart from your upcoming release section.
I pretty much agree. Not having checkboxes to move multiple items from wishlist to shopping cart or vice versa makes large orders bothersome. Hope that gets fixed before the next 20% sale. Also hope my previous, painstakingly-constructed wishlist is restored by then.
Old 02-08-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've begun adding books and various DVD's to my as-of-now blank wishlist, and had a notion about two things:

1) Adding tabs beneath the "Your Wishlift" moniker. There could be an "View All" tab, and then individual ones ("Books," "DVD," etc.) to help break down each wishlist. That way, if I want to simply order a book from my wishlist, I simply have to click on the "Books" tab, and not search through every item on it to find one.

2) Adding a "wishlist" link beneath the "Buy Now" link. I know that there are some items that I simply want to add to my wishlist so that I don't forget them, or so that when I have a bit more time to order I can come back to them. I think a link beneath the "Buy Now" one would be a nice little addition. It's nothing big, but just a minor idea I'd had.

The tabbed browsing inside the wishlist is the big one. I think that would make everything a bit more organized.

EDITED: I do love the new look of the wishlist. Number of items, itemized pricing, and total cost of wishlist are wonderful features.

Last edited by invisiblegt; 02-08-07 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-08-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I placed a small (3 titles) DVD order, and promptly received a confirming email .... hopefuly now that I entered my mailing/billing address and cc info, it will be there for my next order.
Old 02-08-07, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
2) Adding a "wishlist" link beneath the "Buy Now" link. I know that there are some items that I simply want to add to my wishlist so that I don't forget them, or so that when I have a bit more time to order I can come back to them. I think a link beneath the "Buy Now" one would be a nice little addition. It's nothing big, but just a minor idea I'd had.
Do you mean like this button under the "Buy Now" link? I've been afraid to use it actually, since I'm hoping our previous wishlists may be restored. I'm afraid that adding items at this point may negatively impact restoration.
Old 02-08-07, 05:55 PM
Cool New Member

Another suggestion for DeepDiscount(DVD)...

Your old website allowed a customer to "See all Upcoming Releases". While I like the new website, in order to see all upcoming releases I have to click through 42 individual pages. I'd much rather be able to scroll through the whole list on 1 page and click on the items I'm interested in rather than scroll down 42 separate pages.

Just a suggested tweak to make the site more shopper friendly.
Thanks.
Old 02-08-07, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DeepDiscountDVD
Thanks for the input. We'll look at moving the link.

Open orders are being transferred currently. You should see them by early tomorrow morning.

Thanks for you patience
My open order shipped out today anyway, so that's good.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.