Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Don't sell your used dvd's to dvdplanet IF You want to wait 6 mo. to get store credit

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Don't sell your used dvd's to dvdplanet IF You want to wait 6 mo. to get store credit

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-07, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
I have a scratched DVD from DVDPlanet. Asked them today to email a return label today. But reading the stuff up here, I am worried about sending it in to them to get replacement. I sent in a DVD to DDD 1 month ago and nothing yet. I may have to dispute the charges with my credit card. I am extremely frustrated. I know DVDPlanet and DDD are owned by the same company. Should I take a chance at trying to make this return? It seems very risky to me. Anyway, if customers are left to feel this way about their customer service, I think many customers out there will not feel confident in doing business with these people
It may take a day for you to receive the emailed return label from DVD Planet, and I would call on Monday to request they send it again via email if you don't see it by tonight.

As far as DDD goes, check your bank statement (online?) to see if the chargeback has occurred. If not, I would call them as well. When I've returned a dvd to DDD for a replacement, it taking a month is not a surprise. I don't complain because they don't charge for shipping. Heck, I once returned a dvd for replacement that they never received. When I called them and found it was "lost in the mail", they sent another one anyways without hesitation. Now that is what I call service...and trust.

In short, call both DVD Planet and DDD's customer service when necessary in the situations you described above, but by all means don't feel hesitant to use either dvd etailer in the future. Both receive rave reviews from many dvdtalk members. I shudder when I think about how much money (thousands of dollars) has gone to these well-respected dvd etailers over the years.
Old 01-13-07, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
I sent in a DVD to DDD 1 month ago and nothing yet. I may have to dispute the charges with my credit card. I am extremely frustrated. I know DVDPlanet and DDD are owned by the same company. Should I take a chance at trying to make this return? It seems very risky to me. Anyway, if customers are left to feel this way about their customer service, I think many customers out there will not feel confident in doing business with these people.
I've had to do a few returns to DDD due to damaged sets (crushed in shipping) or unplayable discs (studio production issues) and have no complaints about their handling of it although it might be a little slow. Regarding a current Buy.com return/exchange; they've received my James Bond Ultimate Vol.4 set which had a duplicate disc (missing the Dr. No movie disc) a full week ago, shipped UPS, and have yet to acknowledge receipt of it.
Although DVDP and DDD may have the same parent company they share nothing according to a CSR. Different buildings, no common inventory and completely different personel. If you're not happy with these 2 e-tailers, then you might as well give up on purchases online completely. I've tried others but the free shipping is the deal sealer.