Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy tells me to ask around my neighborhood

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-05-07, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered Viva Pinata for 360 while they had a sale before Christmas. I followed the order along tracking through the Best Buy website. Until I see that it was "Delivered" on 12/28. And I still don't have the game. I e-mailed them yesterday and they got back real quick and suggested I search around the area and ask around if anyone received by accident. Are you serious? Is Best Buy really that much of a cheapskate? I e-mailed them telling them to ship out a new copy. Best Buy is ridiculous.
Old 01-05-07, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I''ll say it first... Best Buy ain't Worst Buy for nuthin'!

Good Luck.
Old 01-05-07, 10:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More like Shit Buy.
Old 01-06-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Blow Buy....since they've gone from Suck to Blow.

-p
Old 01-06-07, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

haven't gone there since last august!
Old 01-06-07, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts
Sometimes I go to best buy with a little pad of paper and a pen and write down things to buy online later
Old 01-06-07, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing I've bought from Best Buy in the last few years are the Disney Treasures sets, but that's just because the tins are kind of sensitive and I don't want to get a dented tin from amazon or deepdiscount, so I suck it up and spend a few bucks more at Best Buy for those, but other than that I only go in there to get ideas to buy stuff online later from better stores.
Old 01-07-07, 01:17 PM

don't email with problems

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I ordered Viva Pinata for 360 while they had a sale before Christmas. I followed the order along tracking through the Best Buy website. Until I see that it was "Delivered" on 12/28. And I still don't have the game. I e-mailed them yesterday and they got back real quick and suggested I search around the area and ask around if anyone received by accident. Are you serious? Is Best Buy really that much of a cheapskate? I e-mailed them telling them to ship out a new copy. Best Buy is ridiculous.
I get bet money that if you call 888 best buy they'll send you a replacement. I look at it this way, if you email it means you are not in a rush and can wait for that item, if you call -- then you want it ASAP.
Old 01-07-07, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had a similiar experience last January. I ordered a DVD, eventually it was shown as delivered but it wasn't in my possession. After calling, they made me wait two weeks in case it showed up. They also said to go door to door and ask if anyone had my package. If someone wasn't honest enough to drop it off at my place, they aren't going to hand it over just because I asked.

After deciding it was indeed missing, they emailed me a form to sign and mail (USPS) back stating that I didn't have the package. The whole thing made me feel like they were accusing me of scamming them.
Old 01-08-07, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by grenier
If someone wasn't honest enough to drop it off at my place, they aren't going to hand it over just because I asked.
I don't support BBY's behaviour, but don't be so quick to judge. I occasionally get misdeliveries at the house, and it is a royal PITA to deal with because of the hours I keep (leave in the dark, get home in the dark). I usually leave the packages on the (covered) front porch until Sunday when, if I have nothing better to do, I'll try to find the correct addressee.
Old 01-08-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 102 Posts
I think whaqt best buy is doing is horse shit. Bottom line is you paid to have the item delivered to you. It wasnt. Best buy failed to live up to their end of the deal and they want you to make up for it. That is bullshit in my book. I had ordered an item from best buy online that siad it was shipped. I was charged for it, and it never came. I called them up and told them, and they immediately sent out a replacement. No waiting or going door to door. I also have gotten many misdelivered ups packages. somehow the ups driver was reading a "1" as a 7.

go figure
Old 01-08-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
I usually leave the packages on the (covered) front porch until Sunday when, if I have nothing better to do, I'll try to find the correct addressee.
You don't have to bother trying to track down the person that the package belongs to. Just stick it back in your mailbox and put your flag up. The mailman will take it and will redeliver it to the correct address.
Old 01-08-07, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure why people are so upset at Best Buy over this. It wasn't their fault. They weren't the ones who delivered the package to the wrong address. Be pissed off at the post office or your neighbor who stole it off your doorstep.

I'd at least go next door and ask the neighbors if the package was delivered to them by mistake. It's a relatively painless thing to do and if for some reason they just hadn't had a chance to return it to you (or have a change of heart) you get the game a lot faster.

Best Buy will eventually take care of you (though it will be a hassle for you AND them) but these things take time and they are trying not to be ripped off themselves. With the amount of fraud and BS people are willing to pull these days do you really blame them for trying not to ripped off?

One last thing to think about. Say Best Buy e-mailed you back and said they were shipping out a new copy. The next day your neighbor drops off a package which was accidentally delivered. Are you really going to return the 2nd copy of the game to Best Buy and apologize or are you going to try and get store credit out of the deal? Somehow I'm guessing you (and most of the other BB sucks posters) to go the latter route and laugh about the stupid company you ripped off.
Old 01-08-07, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mordred

I'd at least go next door and ask the neighbors if the package was delivered to them by mistake. It's a relatively painless thing to do
That depends on your neighbor.

Somehow I'm guessing you (and most of the other BB sucks posters) to go the latter route and laugh about the stupid company you ripped off.
That's not very nice(but probably true).
Old 01-08-07, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not sure why people are so upset at Best Buy over this. It wasn't their fault. They weren't the ones who delivered the package to the wrong address. Be pissed off at the post office or your neighbor who stole it off your doorstep.

I'd at least go next door and ask the neighbors if the package was delivered to them by mistake. It's a relatively painless thing to do and if for some reason they just hadn't had a chance to return it to you (or have a change of heart) you get the game a lot faster.

Best Buy will eventually take care of you (though it will be a hassle for you AND them) but these things take time and they are trying not to be ripped off themselves. With the amount of fraud and BS people are willing to pull these days do you really blame them for trying not to ripped off?

One last thing to think about. Say Best Buy e-mailed you back and said they were shipping out a new copy. The next day your neighbor drops off a package which was accidentally delivered. Are you really going to return the 2nd copy of the game to Best Buy and apologize or are you going to try and get store credit out of the deal? Somehow I'm guessing you (and most of the other BB sucks posters) to go the latter route and laugh about the stupid company you ripped off.
I agree partly in that they sent it out and may not have delivered it wrong. I have, however, received packages (eventually) that my online profile has my correct address and they ship it but the label a company puts on butchers the address, and therefore it's not really fed ex or ups or whoever else's fault.

On the same line, these companies should require a signature for delivery, and actually enforce it. Millions of package are delivered every day that require a signature and left outside or delivered to wrong address. It's time for both divisions (shippers and retailers) to step up to the plate and do things right.
Old 01-08-07, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GradVT06
I agree partly in that they sent it out and may not have delivered it wrong. I have, however, received packages (eventually) that my online profile has my correct address and they ship it but the label a company puts on butchers the address, and therefore it's not really fed ex or ups or whoever else's fault.
I agree that if Best Buy did ship it out like then it is 100% their fault and I'd be pissed.

On the same line, these companies should require a signature for delivery, and actually enforce it. Millions of package are delivered every day that require a signature and left outside or delivered to wrong address. It's time for both divisions (shippers and retailers) to step up to the plate and do things right.
I don't think they should require a signature, I think it should be up to the buyer whether one is required. It should be enforced though.
Old 01-08-07, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think most, if any, are upset at Best Buy for the delivery being stolen.
They're complaining (and rightly so) at the way Best Buy has chosen to
handle the situation. Why should the buyer have to scour the neighborhood
searching for something that may or may not be found? Let Best Buy ship
a new one and put a trace on the old. Maybe it'll turn up the address that
the pkg was delivered to, maybe it won't. Not the buyer's problem. If this
happens more than once with the same buyer then cross him off the list
as far as accepting orders from them in the future if need be.

Wow, that's some conclusion you've jumped to.
From my own experience I've had exactly that happen with a delivery from
DDD. About a month late and about to be reshipped when it appeared on my
door. Called them up and caught it before it shipped. Sure there are some
that would take advantage, but to make a claim of most? And why exactly
in your example would the buyer need to issue any sort of apology?
Old 01-09-07, 12:16 PM

I've had a similar incident happen I immediately called the shipper & notified them. That should be the 1st step, the 2nd should be to call Best Buy. Unfortunately since this is Best Buy we're discussing chances are slim they'll do anything because they don't care about customers.
Old 01-09-07, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Things like this is why I use In store pickup.
Old 01-09-07, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
I've used instore pickup 4 times & not a single time have they ever had my order ready when I got there. Twice they didn't even have the items in the store. Everytime I waited for my "your order is ready for pickup" confirmation too.

You'd be better off tracking down a BB store within the county that has the product you need & pysically going there & picking it up... or even better, shopping elsewhere.
Old 01-09-07, 01:49 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by KFelon
I've used instore pickup 4 times & not a single time have they ever had my order ready when I got there. Twice they didn't even have the items in the store. Everytime I waited for my "your order is ready for pickup" confirmation too.
Yeah, there's is a joke.

Circuit City does a great job though, since they have major incentive since you get a $24 gift card if your order isn't ready for pick up within 24 minutes of submitting it online.

I order there if I want instore pick up, if Best Buy has a better price I just go grab it off the shelf myself.
Old 01-09-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
You don't have to bother trying to track down the person that the package belongs to. Just stick it back in your mailbox and put your flag up. The mailman will take it and will redeliver it to the correct address.
That works only if you have that type of mailbox. We don't have that style in this area, they are all hung on the house.
Old 01-09-07, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by grenier
That works only if you have that type of mailbox. We don't have that style in this area, they are all hung on the house.
True.
Old 01-09-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
Echoing the above comments, Best Buy's in-store pickup is a joke. At my local Best Buy, you have to wait in the returns line (aka Hell On Earth) to pick up your online purchase. The first (and last) time I used in-store pickup my item wasn't even in stock even though they sent me a confirmation email stating it was ready for me to pick up.
Old 01-09-07, 06:51 PM

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,034 Posts
That's funny, OP. You should consider writing it up for that best buy sux website.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.