Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Distributor Recommendations?????

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-08-06, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know if this is the appropriate forum, but can anyone recommend a reliable DVD distributor who sells to smaller accounts? I have recently retired...don't really need a second income right now but would like to help finance my DVD habit. I already do this on a small scale (buying 2-3 copies of popular items during internet sales; selling the extras to help pay for the keepers). I'm what my brother calls a "hip-pocket dealer" (a term he applied to himself regarding baseball cards). I know a couple of local flea market dealers who do a brisk DVD business who talk about ordering from distributors...thought it would be bad form to ask them who they use, etc. since I would be competition for them. I have enough disposable income to be able to order regularly and "sit" on unsold stock for a while (internet sales really cut down on overhead! LOL)...don't plan to open a store or even become a flea market "regular", but if an opportunity exists to be able to get DVDs cheaper & make a little on the side, I'm all for it.

Any recommendations? Or am I better off picking up copies on my own for resale? Thanks for any help!
Old 11-08-06, 04:06 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
If you are buying current titles, it is probably cheaper to go to Walmart and buy them. They sell below cost to get you into the store on a lot of dvd's.
Old 11-08-06, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RonG617
If you are buying current titles, it is probably cheaper to go to Walmart and buy them. They sell below cost to get you into the store on a lot of dvd's.
Exactly, you won't find a better deal on big name individual releases than going to B&M stores opening week. If you want box sets or TV shows then its hard to beat the prices a distributor can provide. But if you don't really deal with those, then go with walmart and hit up used stores like Gamestop or pawn shops.
Old 11-08-06, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kocheese99
Exactly, you won't find a better deal on big name individual releases than going to B&M stores opening week. If you want box sets or TV shows then its hard to beat the prices a distributor can provide. But if you don't really deal with those, then go with walmart and hit up used stores like Gamestop or pawn shops.
Actually, I am only interested in box sets/tv shows/ special editions. But thanks to both of you for the tips. Maybe I'm way off base on the distributor idea...just curious to find out if there's a cheaper way to get these on a regular basis rather than the occasional sales (for instance, the current Amazon sale or the upcoming DDD sale beginning this Friday).
Old 11-10-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.navarre.com. The best I have found if you are a small account. Most prices are not much cheaper than Wal-Mart. With most distributors, the more you buy, the more you save.