Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy's Price Matching ???'s

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-08-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 116 Likes on 104 Posts

Hello

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this can be done or not. I'm looking to buy a Canon XT and on Dell's site they have $119.00 off the same regular price as B.B. Now in the F.Q there's something about price matching on-line sales. It state if they have a "retail outlet" in the area then yes. Dell doesn't have a per say "store" but has these small setups where you can order and check stuff out. Does this qualify?

Second can the be asked to price match two items from two different retailers at the same time? Say the camera from somewhere (C.C has it $65 off now) and Office Depot has a HP printer we want for $50 off.

Kenny J.
Old 11-09-06, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, I work cust service at a Best Buy here in Orlando, and you can definitly pricematch 2 places at the same time.

About the dell situation, I have never had to even consider this, seeing how nobody has tried to do it, but I would personally do the price-match if it was my customer. There is a little Dell stand in the mall right behind us. The whole point of the price match guarantee is so that you will keep your business with BestBuy. If they deny you (very unlikely,) just tell them you will go to the dell stand and purchase your items there.
Old 11-13-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Best Buy price match question:

If I buy something now...and it goes on sale at Best Buy sometime on 11-24...will they adjust the price with no problems? Or do they have a problem price matching BF stuff?
Old 11-13-06, 01:47 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Deadpool
If I buy something now...and it goes on sale at Best Buy sometime on 11-24...will they adjust the price with no problems? Or do they have a problem price matching BF stuff?
If it is limited quantities (which pretty much all BF deals are), they will not PM it. It's similiar to the fact that you cannot get rain checks for BF deals.

I'd guess they also will not PM Dell (your earlier question). Even with kiosks in malls, they only PM B&M stores. And, in general, BestBuy is anything but flexible with their PM policies.
Old 11-13-06, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I have never been able to successfully pricematch at Best Buy. I just buy whatever I want wherever it is the lowest price, which frankly is rarely Best Buy.
Old 11-13-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What's BF?
Old 11-13-06, 03:39 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by matome
What's BF?
Black Friday.
Old 11-13-06, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BF= Black Friday, the biggest bargain shopping day of the year, the day after Thanksgiving.
Best Buy will price match movies and media for me but you have to bring in the print ad and they've never done 110% price match which Circuit City will do for me.
Old 11-19-06, 07:17 PM

does bestbuy pricematch its website? the vision: me is on sale for 237 and i have a 12% off RZ coupon that i want to use to get rid of gift cards. can anyone gimme some feedback?
Old 11-23-06, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zeroxray
does bestbuy pricematch its website? the vision: me is on sale for 237 and i have a 12% off RZ coupon that i want to use to get rid of gift cards. can anyone gimme some feedback?
You'll need to grab one of their price matching pamphlets. I believe I remember it saying that they will match their website and they will also match a competitor's website if they have a local store in the area that is also having the same price as their online counterpart.
Old 11-25-06, 12:08 PM

Yes, we pricematch Bestbuy.com. We pricematch any website that has an actual store in the area.

As with pricematching bbuy.com AND using the coupon, our store does not. It would make sense to me seeming how it's bestbuy's site and you can actually use the coupon online, but the managers told me it's considered double-dipping.

Although if you get a really nice csr or a really stupid front lanes cashier, there you go. They will probably do both!