Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Charged multiple times at Gamespot/EB, Anyone else?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Charged multiple times at Gamespot/EB, Anyone else?

Old 11-02-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 410 Likes on 279 Posts
Charged multiple times at Gamestop/EB, Anyone else?

This has happened to me at least twice I believe. First time was a low purchase so it wasn't much of a problem and it resolved is self. But I was reading on CAG that a guy there recently got charged twice for an online order. So, has anything like this happened here? Heres what happened to me:

After buying FEAR on 360 yesterday with my paypal debit card (AKA my play money), I went to make another purchase, and it was declined. Went to paypals site, and saw i had been charged twice, 2 pending charges at GS.

So I go back to the store, and the the manager and another guy was there (who luckily are nice guys) Manager had to take off, and the other guy started calling home office. He got busy though, so I got stuck holding the phone and talking to a rep. They said they would call me back in 24 hours.

This morning there is a 3rd charge. Now a completed, and 2 pending. so far the game has cost me $192.57. Previously Paypal has said I have to wait for the store to release the transaction. So I know the pending will eventually expire, but I'm still carrying a negative balance, and its becoming a hassle.

So be sure to check your statements, in case this isn't regional or isolated.

Last edited by stingermck; 11-02-06 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-02-06, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It takes paypal a good week to reverse charges. This is when I had a return to a store. Don't know how fast they operate when it comes to multiple charges like that. I'm sure it's based on how fast the GS operates though.