Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet store credit question....

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-25-06, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent a package with over 100 DVDs in it to DVD Planet which they have had for about a week. How long does it usually take for your store credit to show up in your account? I'm really anxious to order some HD-DVDs!
Old 09-25-06, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It took about 4-6 weeks when I sent in an order about the same size in April. I've still got over $200 in credit left, as I am only making one order a month with the "best" coupon to maximize the credit.
Old 09-25-06, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yikes! I didn't realize it would take that long... but oh well. I'll just buy the ones I can't stand to wait for and use the credits for others. The coupon idea is a good one. Thanks.
Old 09-25-06, 09:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Do they atleast send you an e-mail acknowledging they got you're stuff?
Old 09-26-06, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Do they atleast send you an e-mail acknowledging they got you're stuff?
I didn't get any confirmation at all. The only way I knew my stuff arrived was by checking the delivery confirmation # I put on the package. Nothing at all was said by DVDPlanet until the $600+ credit was sitting in my account.
Old 09-26-06, 07:14 AM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had pretty much the same experiance as Shagrath. I didn't get an e-mail when the discs arrived, but they did send me one when the amount was credited to my account. I was very pleased with the transaction.
Old 09-26-06, 07:48 AM

It normally takes about 2 weeks from the time I send in my used discs until I get a quote.

Of course, I only send in 4-6 discs at a time.
Old 09-26-06, 09:28 AM

I usually only send a dozen or so and it never takes more than a week after the delivery confirmation says it arrives for them to send me the email with my credit.
Old 09-26-06, 10:20 AM

I usually give it a month and then I just give them a call. I've done it a couple of times and they've always given me the credit when I call. I think they just take a while to post the credit even if they've gone through the package.

BTW, I love trading in old DVDs for HD DVDs.
Old 09-26-06, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't get an e-mail when they received mine either. I used the tracking number.

How are they about rejecting discs? I tried to only send ones that I bought new but did not check each one for fingerprints.
Old 09-26-06, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was also thinking of trading some used DVD's to them, but I can't find any information about how to exactly go about it on their website. I did find their price quote engine on the "Used" page which tells you how much credit they give on specific titles, but I can't find anything at all about the procedure for shipping them disks, etc. The links on "Help" or "Answers" both bring up the same general help page that seems to only relate to buying from them.

Can anybody clue me in to where you can find the info on trading used disks to them?
Old 09-26-06, 08:25 PM
Banned

I sent my DVD priority mail (huge mistake price-wise) and they got my package on the 11th. Still no credit...
Old 09-27-06, 10:20 AM

Arpeggi--For me, Priority Mail is not a mistake. It does cost a lot more than media mail. However, when I pack $600 worth of DVDs in a box I don't want them sitting around for a month in the USPS system. The longer a package resides in the USPS system, the greater the chance of loss or damage. I wish DVD Planet had a street address rather than PO Box; then I could use FedEx Ground which is nearly as cheap as media mail.
Old 09-27-06, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've never had media mail take more than a week, and as long as you put delivery confirmation there, you have a somewhat realiable "tracking" number so you can watch it as it moves along.
Old 09-27-06, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This sounds like what I need to do. Do you just send DVDs to the PO address listed on their website with a note or do you need to talk to someone first?
Old 09-27-06, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
I was also thinking of trading some used DVD's to them, but I can't find any information about how to exactly go about it on their website. I did find their price quote engine on the "Used" page which tells you how much credit they give on specific titles, but I can't find anything at all about the procedure for shipping them disks, etc. The links on "Help" or "Answers" both bring up the same general help page that seems to only relate to buying from them.

Can anybody clue me in to where you can find the info on trading used disks to them?
After you're done quoting and check out they give you the instructions on the receipt with the mailing address.

Originally Posted by RichardW
This sounds like what I need to do. Do you just send DVDs to the PO address listed on their website with a note or do you need to talk to someone first?
You need to use the QuoteMachine in the used section on the website.

Usually takes a week or two for my credit to show up but I only send a dozen or so at a time. Although it did take a month for one of my past trades...
Old 09-27-06, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I found that my large package was cheaper by Parcel Post than Media which surprised me. That may be worth checking into when you ship.
Old 09-27-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
You need to use the QuoteMachine in the used section on the website.
Thanks!
Old 09-28-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by nazz
I sent a package with over 100 DVDs in it to DVD Planet which they have had for about a week. How long does it usually take for your store credit to show up in your account? I'm really anxious to order some HD-DVDs!
sometimes quick ..sometimes slow..most times slow..l send mine out formt he next town over so they get them usually in a day or two..still takes weeks for the credit to show up