Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Are These Prices Legitmate? (Look @ The 60 gig Ipod)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-09-06, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone heard of this website or ordered from them. I was searching prices on a digital camera and came upon this.

http://www.internetshopworld.com/pro...09315816126d3f

I mean, look at the prices, they can't be real can they? A 60 gig ipod for 174 bucks? Of course it says a minimum order of $501.00 but still. What's to stop someone from ordering a handful and making a profit off of them. What's that one website that lets you check out if they've had good reviews or not.
Old 09-09-06, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 481 Likes on 343 Posts
"if it sounds too good to be true..."
Old 09-09-06, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well I understand that old saying but it does require you to spend at LEAST 500 bones...which is a chunk of change so are they making it up in quantity by having people spend that minimum amount...
Old 09-09-06, 10:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I noticed that this website also sells monkeys!

And not just the regular type -- they sell the kind that fly out of your butt!!

Ha! Seriously though, the prices for most of their items aren't remotely possible for first-quality goods (which is something they promise) and that's always a sign to steer clear. Also, no physical address or phone number on their webpage is a dead giveaway!

I particularly like some of the answers to their FAQs:

Why don't You Have A Toll-Free Number?
We try to keep our costs to a minimum so we can offer the products to you at lower prices. If we had to staff a toll-free number with sales people, this would increase our costs and we would have to raise our prices. Also we have learned that many companies with toll-free numbers receive unwelcome calls from other companies abusing the toll-free number to offer unsolicited goods and services, thereby increasing costs even further. If you prefer, we would be happy to contact you by phone. You can e-mail your telephone number to one of our Customer Care Representatives at support at internetshopworld.com.

above = don't call us, we'll call you

Why Is There A Minimum Order!?
We cannot process orders with a value less than US $501 because we have too many international orders and it is easier for us to process less orders with higher values. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

...ummm, what?

Which Shipping Location Will MY Order Be Shipped From?
Depending on your location and our stock levels, your order will be shipped from the best one. If your order can only be filled from one warehouse, we will ship it from the that one, whether or not it is closer to you. We would rather ship your order today from our farther warehouse than wait for the stock to come back in at the closer warehouse. We do not charge you extra for this!

Thank God you're shipping from "The Best One" as opposed to "The Worst One"! Now answer my question and tell me where you ship from (city, state or country will do).
Old 09-09-06, 10:33 PM

Site is barely a month old and only registered for 1 year so it seems they don't plan on being in business for long. Oh and they only take Western Union...
Old 09-09-06, 10:35 PM
X
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Same old scam we talked about in another thread in this forum.

This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.
Western Union Wired Payment
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=476540

And this is not a Hot Deal.
Old 09-10-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did order from them, but when the Ipods arrived...a monkey fell out of a** and took them. I emailed my telephone number and no one called me back. When I went to western union to get my money back, they said there was nothing they could do for me. But, the good news it didn't take long to get them since they shipped from the best warehouse location nearest my shipping address.

Mods: Can this be moved back to the Hot Deals Forum?
Old 09-10-06, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah this seems extremely fishy!!
Old 09-12-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so has anyone ordered? won't your credit card company protect you against internet related fraud if your items never come?
Old 09-12-06, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by heavywear
so has anyone ordered? won't your credit card company protect you against internet related fraud if your items never come?

This is going to sound harsh...if your post was tongue in cheek, then I apologize...in case you were serious...well then

They prey upon folks like you...after all you've read and obviously didn't read too...still holding out greedy hope that they are legit. If you read through the posts, you would have noticed the highlighted quote in X's thread which stated they only accept western union for payment. And just so you know, WU is the preferred method of receiving money by scam artists and terrorists.

Ron

Note to self, switch to decaf.

Last edited by RonBoster; 09-12-06 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-13-06, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The $500 minimum order is pretty funny
Old 09-13-06, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

this was in the yellow pages

Internet Shop World
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55414

phone: (866) 422-5352
phone: (866) 422-5352
fax: (763) 374-7624
toll-free: (866) 422-5352
email: [email protected]

Internet Shop World Electronics

Appears in the Categories:
Cameras & Camera Supplies, Electronics, Used & Recycled Computers, Computer & Software Stores, Consumer Electronics Stores
Old 09-18-06, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

no street address?
Old 09-19-06, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by phatboy
What's that one website that lets you check out if they've had good reviews or not.
Check out Resellerratings.com and click the Store Ratings tab. Enter the store name and the reviews will follow.