Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Shopping Experience Ever!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 07-26-06, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, just wanted to share my insane shopping experience with Amazon.com.

A couple of weeks back I read on these forums that Napoleon Dynamite and American Dad were on sale for 6.99 and 14.99. I thought it was a pretty nice deal so I went to amazon to order them. The total came out to 21.98 (a few bucks short of the $25 needed for free shipping. So I preorder V for Vendetta 2 disc, I usually try to order something cheap, but figured I'd be buying this anyway so why not pick it up now.

Now fast forward to yesterday:

My order still didn't ship, typical Amazon waiting for V for Vendetta to come out so they can ship my order. I wasn't too upset, but it lead to my greatest shopping experience, so in retrospect it was a good thing.While this all was taking place I got offered the 3 month Prime trial (this was after the order I explained above, so it was not applied to it).

I read on these forums that Bestbuy is running an exclusive for Vendetta, and that the Guy Fawkes mask comes with the movie. So I went to cancel my order from Amazon and a problem came up. When removing the item it put me back to 21.98. I figured since I was now a prime member I could just check 2 day shipping and everything would be okay.. It wasnt, I was now sitting with these two movies at a nice sale price with a $7 shipping charge. I couldnt add another movie and I couldnt change the shipping cost because it didn't recognize my prime status.

I then went on the help section of their website and ran across a thing where I put my phone number in and they call me. I followed through with it and was talking to a live person within literally a minute. He fixed my order and applied the free 2 day shipping and removed V for Vendetta. (keep in mind that all this took place last night at around 2 am est time).

So I was thinking "wow this guy was so helpful I love Amazon again" yada yada.

Now today I wake up, check the mail and some dvds came in: Disney club order, Dvdplanet. I was expecting these so it was no biggie. But a few hours later I get another package.. this time from Amazon.. I'm thinking wtf is this... I open it to find my American Dad and Napoleon Dynamite.... Insane?

Here is the short version for the lazy people:
Amazon messes up my order, I try and cancel it and apply free 2 day shipping but am unable to. I call amazon and within 5 mintues the problem is fixed. Then my package comes within 12 hours!!!

I will forever love Amazon.com for giving me the best shopping experience ever.
Old 07-26-06, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
wtf ??
Old 07-26-06, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You were probably unable to cancel it because it already shipped. All too often, the packages from amazon.com ship before they show it shipped online, so I highly doubt you got a special 12 hour shipping that you imagined you got. Did the package lable show a post mark only 12 hours old when you got it?
Old 07-26-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon shipping is great. During my Amazon Prime trial a few months back I actually had an order arrive the next day even though I had it set for 2 - day shipping.
Old 07-26-06, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I regularly get things the next day because I live very close to one of their shipping centers. New releases usually ship on Monday and I get them Tuesday morning. Sometimes they ship the Friday before or on Saturday and I manage to get them on Monday