Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Are DVDPacific the best place to buy R1 DVDs?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-06, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've recently started to buy R1 anime DVDs, mostly boxsets. DVDPacific have the best prices that I've seen when it comes to the R1 DVDs I want, even when including P&P.

My first experience with DVDPacific couldn't have been much better. I ordered a £28 (£35 with P&P using IPA) DVD boxset, it arrived in something like 4 or 5 days without any custom charges. Cheap, fast and helpful... If only every site was like DVDPacific.

As you can see, I'm full of praise for DVDPacfic after my first order with them, however... My second order still hasn't arrived, although in all fairness it has only been a week since they shipped it. Still, I can't help but to start to worry about losing £57 (damn me for asking for an invoice to be included)... What happens if your item doesn't arrive when using International Priority Mail (IPA)? It doesn't sound like they'll do much if you contact them about it.
Old 07-13-06, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
They have proven to be a very reliable source that has become the favorite for a lot of internatonal shoppers posting here, so a matter of a few days delay in receiving an order shouldn't be a cause for concern.
Old 07-13-06, 05:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with Marty. I use DVD Pacific for nearly all my DVD and CD needs excepting when some of the great sales and promotions come about from other stores. As for lost shipments I have had one with them in over 3 or 4 years of purchasing and had no problems getting a replacement so I would not worry too much. I suspect as your an international customer that is more likely a postal or customs delay though and would give it a little more time before getting too concerned.