Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount Dvd is the WORST...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 09:39 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This week was my last dealings with DDD. I ordered the Planet Of The Apes set (like many others are doing) and to bring my order to $100 to use the Bill Me Later option I bought 2 other small dvds. Well as usual DDD screwed up my order, they send me the 2 small dvds by 2nd day air and they conveniently forget to send my Ape set. No problem right, just call them up and get another? WRONG, talk about hassles, I have had less trouble buying a new car! They obviously have morons working there because he can you forget to pack a huge ape in an order? Now the Bill Me Later company is saying no way because DDD has to re-submit the order for another $81.80, SAY WHAT? I already paid for the full order, why pay again? I am told it is DDD policy, so they issue me a refund (so they say) to the Bill Me Later company, the BML company does not have it of course, plus DDD is trying to charge me again. Make sense? No, nothing DDD does makes sense.
The hassles with dealing with this idiotic company is never ending, I do can't how many people say they are great, they continue to alienate real customers because they are run by IDIOTS.
Old 07-06-06, 11:09 AM

I thought the Ape head ships by itself no matter what you order with it? At least, that's what people around here have been posting. It'll come in its own box. If for some reason it's been lost on its way to you, that's not DDD's fault, it's the USPS. They're the one's who are responsible for getting it to you.

And as for them having to issue a refund to BML and then recharging you, that's what they've always done for me. It takes a couple of days for the refund to go through though, especially with BML.
Old 07-06-06, 11:41 AM
Suspended

Yes I understand the refund takes a few days to post, but since I was a new BML customer they would not issue any more credit to me since I had a open bill with them. So DDD kept trying to submit a second bill and it kept being declined. Now I do not have my ape set and that really ticks me off.
No, the ape set was never sent out, that much I was able to learn, I was given a tracking number and it was for the 2 dvds I also bought with the ape set. For some reason the ape set was never sent to me. I am extremely frustrated and upset right now..
Old 07-06-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When DDD splits an order, whatever goes out second usually ships media mail, regardless of what shipping option you chose. It's quite possible that the ape head is in the mail but doesn't have a tracking number.
Old 07-06-06, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You could've still used BML with only the ape head and it would've come due on the first bill. Pay minimum or pay it ALL. Going over $100 just gives you additional time to pay with no interest charges.
Old 07-06-06, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Doeman
Yes I understand the refund takes a few days to post, but since I was a new BML customer they would not issue any more credit to me since I had a open bill with them. So DDD kept trying to submit a second bill and it kept being declined. Now I do not have my ape set and that really ticks me off.
No, the ape set was never sent out, that much I was able to learn, I was given a tracking number and it was for the 2 dvds I also bought with the ape set. For some reason the ape set was never sent to me. I am extremely frustrated and upset right now..
Sounds like your problem is with BML not DDD...
Old 07-06-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes I understand the refund takes a few days to post, but since I was a new BML customer they would not issue any more credit to me since I had a open bill with them. So DDD kept trying to submit a second bill and it kept being declined.
Are you saying that your BML bill will only reflect the 2 DVDs? If you are already being declined for anything over that amount, it sounds like the order for the Planet of the Apes would not have been approved anyway.
Old 07-06-06, 02:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Xbox69
Are you saying that your BML bill will only reflect the 2 DVDs? If you are already being declined for anything over that amount, it sounds like the order for the Planet of the Apes would not have been approved anyway.
No, I was approved for the full order which was the Ape set and 2 other cheap dvds. I got the 2 cheap dvds but not the Ape set. BML approved my full order, but now DDD is trying to charge the ape set again and they are declining it. I was on the phone with BML and it appears since I am a new customer they will only approve the initial order nothing more. So even though DDD is suppose to refund the Ape set price, BML won't let them charge it again, so therefore I am not able to get the set I wanted...
I have to say though DDD is trying to make things right today though..
Old 07-06-06, 02:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
When DDD splits an order, whatever goes out second usually ships media mail, regardless of what shipping option you chose. It's quite possible that the ape head is in the mail but doesn't have a tracking number.
If that's the case then that sucks big time. My main item I wanted was the Ape set, that should have been sent by my 2nd day air option, not the 2 cheap dvds. I paid the extra for the fast shipping, IMO the entire order should ship 2nd day...
Old 07-06-06, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No, I was approved for the full order which was the Ape set and 2 other cheap dvds. I got the 2 cheap dvds but not the Ape set. BML approved my full order, but now DDD is trying to charge the ape set again and they are declining it. I was on the phone with BML and it appears since I am a new customer they will only approve the initial order nothing more. So even though DDD is suppose to refund the Ape set price, BML won't let them charge it again, so therefore I am not able to get the set I wanted...
I have to say though DDD is trying to make things right today though..
I don't see why DDD would have to charge the Ape set again. It's already part of the initial order that went thru BML. I would think they should just send out a replacement. Hopefully it was just sent separately and should arrive in a few days.
Old 07-06-06, 02:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Xbox69
I don't see why DDD would have to charge the Ape set again. It's already part of the initial order that went thru BML. I would think they should just send out a replacement. Hopefully it was just sent separately and should arrive in a few days.
That is exactly what I was arguing with them on the phone for over a hour this morning. They kept mentioning for inventory purposes they have to refund then credit again. Their inventory has to be off 1 set since they never sent it! If it was sent seperately why don't DDD have a tracking number for it? The only tracking number they have and also UPS has is the small box that weighed less than one pound, that box arrived yesterday and the UPS web site states order delivered..What a nightmare today has been..
Old 07-06-06, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
IIRC, if there are multiple shipments in a single order, and you pay for faster shipping, only the first shipment will have the faster shipping, the rest will go out via media mail. In this case, I don't think there is a tracking number, and it will take a while to get to you... how long since the order was processed?
Old 07-06-06, 04:44 PM
Suspended

Order was placed on 6/30/06. There will be hell to pay if they shipped my ape media mail...
Old 07-06-06, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Order was placed on 6/30/06. There will be hell to pay if they shipped my ape media mail...
actually, for once, USPS can play hockey with a DDD box (in this case, your ape head) and it'll probably still be okay.. it's boxed inside a box, and surrounded by thick foam..
Old 07-06-06, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it'd take a hell of a lot to damage the damn dirty ape head.
Old 07-06-06, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Do people really have that bad of experience with media mail, or is it just perspective? I've mailed and received a lot of stuff via media mail and it's always fast, reliable, and the packages come in great condition. It's like people just assume that if they spend a few bucks less than first class, the post office puts it in back with the guard dog to piss on the boxes, and apes throw the boxes against walls, and they just deliberately let the packages sit in an overheated truck for days on end while they bust ass on all the priority stuff first. Personally, I've never experienced anything bad with media mail, except for maybe around Christmas time, but it seems just about all mail takes a little longer around then.
Old 07-07-06, 07:29 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
...Well as usual DDD screwed up my order...
As usual? Please do share some of these other common experiences. Funny, I've placed literally hundreds of orders with DDD and never had one bad experience. I feel your pain with this incident, but is it really the same for you everytime?
Old 07-07-06, 07:53 AM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by JAA
As usual? Please do share some of these other common experiences. Funny, I've placed literally hundreds of orders with DDD and never had one bad experience. I feel your pain with this incident, but is it really the same for you everytime?
same here, thousands and thousands of $ and I had two problems, which with a phone call was fixed promptly
Old 07-07-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The only thing "as usual" is that someone had a difficult shopping experience and automatically designates the retailer as "the worst". That sort of hyperbole does nothing to make me sympathize with the customer.

"The worst" would be a retailer that never makes any effort to provide customer service, and never offers to resolve a problem. Like many others. I've had dozens and dozens of flawless transactions with DDD, and the two times there was any sort of problem, it was resolved very quickly to my satisfaction.
Old 07-07-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

where do you live? Maybe it just takes longer to get there.
Old 07-07-06, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Let's see:

UPS Second Day Air

UPS Second Day Air - $8.95

Orders must be placed by 11 A.M. CT to be eligible for 2nd Day delivery. 2nd Day orders placed before 11 A.M. CT on Friday will be delivered on the following Tuesday. 2nd Day Delivery will apply only to the first shipment of instock items. Subsequent backorder or pre-order shipments will be sent via Standard Delivery.

We're sorry, but 2nd Day service to P.O. Boxes, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and APO/FPO addresses is not available.

Tracking number for items shipped by UPS 2nd Day Air are included in the shipping confirmation email that you receive. To track your order you may visit www.ups.com.
(from http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/help_5.cfm)
Old 07-07-06, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since you indicated you used BML, do you realize that waiting just another day would've given you more time to pay -- 'til November 1. June purchases accrue no interest before October 1.
Old 07-08-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by pilot
actually, for once, USPS can play hockey with a DDD box (in this case, your ape head) and it'll probably still be okay.. it's boxed inside a box, and surrounded by thick foam..
Exactly how mine was.
Old 07-08-06, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Exactly how mine was.
that's how they're packed for everyone (at least, I hope so..it would be real sad if a e-tailer removed all the protection only to put it in a different box to save $ on shipping/etc)
Old 07-09-06, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
I do can't how many people say they are great...
You said it brother!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.