Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Are the morons who run DDCD the same morons who run DDD?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-19-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know some of you pledge your undying allegiance to DDD and would offer your first-born child if they asked, but I cannot believe how many problems I have with these guys. Shipments that take FOREVER, double billings, credits that take months, spontaneously cancelled orders that are reinsstated 2 months later without notifying me, etc.

I ordred 3 CDs mid-April, 3 weeks pass and I receive nothing. I e-mail them they say to reconfirm address and they will ship out a new order "right away." 8 days later I finally get the shipping confirmation. Today I look at my bank statement and they charged me for the second shipment. Holy shit, these guys are idiots. And for some weird reason they only charged me for 2 of the 3 items so I'm guessing after the 3 weeks it's going to take to get this order I'm going to only get 2 of the items and I will have to wait another 3 weeks for the 3rd.

So lets see given DDCD's avg ship time to me of 3 weeks, this order will take at least 8 weeks and double charged (5/3 charged I guess you could say). I've had to wait 2+ MONTHS for a credit from DDD before so this whole thing could take I dunno 4 months. To save $5.

All this after my last order stayed dormant for 2 weeks then disappeared for no reason. I e-mail them, 3 days later they tell me it was cancelled. Ok, so I go buy the CD at best buy and guess what a few weeks later I see a charge from DDCD. Apparently they decided to reopen the order on their own and then ship it to me. so almost a month later I finally receive the damn thing and I just give up and sell it on amazon.com and eat a small loss (was going to take at least another month for that credit).

Between my accounts I have spent close to 8 grand with this company over the past few years and they couldn't care less.
I'm so sick of these guys I dunno why i keep giving them more and more chances. It's probably due to all the praise I see here for them. Amazon is 10x better, and lately they are even cheaper with free shipping that I get in less than a week, sometimes 2 days. DDD 2-3+ weeks no matter what. I don't buy that media mail BS either since all my media mail from NY and states much further than them usually take a week, maybe 2

Last edited by DVDKrayzie; 05-19-06 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-19-06, 02:22 PM
Banned

Horror stories like this are becoming more and more common. I for one will never do buisness with them again, they really put the screws to me on the WWE Wrestlemania Anthology box set late last year. Their pre-order system is horrible, you never know when (or if) you will get what you ordered....IMO STAY AWAY! They will NEVER be able to compete with B&M stores....
Old 05-19-06, 08:04 PM
Banned

You picked free shipping right?
Old 05-19-06, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chemosh6969
You picked free shipping right?
yea but looks like i got the double charge for the order, 8 week shipping option.

that's everyone's defense for their horrible service...you picked free shipping. since its free shipping i guess they dont really have to do a damn thing. Nerver mind that amazon has free shipping and awesome customer service, same with dvdempire.
Old 05-20-06, 03:43 AM

The big mystery here is why you continue to give them your business if you're having so many problems, especially since Amazon has so much better service and has yet to screw up one of your orders. Why not just cut your losses and stop ordering from DDD and DDCD, maybe you'll have a lot less stress in your life and you can enjoy the DVDs and CDs you've collected so far.

And yes, most of my DDD orders have taken a long time to arrive but I did choose Free Shipping, so I knew to expect a longer wait. So far I've never had any other problems with DDD, but maybe I'm just lucky.
Old 05-20-06, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

if u read my post i said the exact same thing and even answered myself. i expect to wait longer but you dont think 8 weeks is unreasonable even for "free" shipping. you guys defend this company no matter what. double charges fake checks price changing for sales, who cares theyre DDD and theyre God to some people. this is the store forum so im just posting about their crappy ass service. and most of my business goes to amazon now or CC for B&M. With 3000 DVDs and at least 2000 CDs i buy a ton of this stuff and am bound to use them occassionally when i see a good deal. theyd get a ton more of my money if they actually had some service. im just amazed how much bad service i get from these people and how everyone else seems to have perfect service. but im guess im not allowed to tell my bad experiences here or the DDD commandos might get offended
Old 05-20-06, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've spent my fair share of money at DDD, and there have been a couple orders that took an extra-long time to get to me. However, if it's past 2-3 weeks on a free shipping order, I'll call them, tell them I haven't received the item yet, and ask them to ship me a new one out with Priority mail so I don't have to wait another 2 weeks to get it. This has happened twice in the 5-6 years I've been dealing with them, and they've always been happy to oblige. When the other (original) order finally shows up, I'd just send it back.
Old 05-20-06, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The only problem I ever had with DDD was Sports Night: The Complete Series didn't arrive after 3 weeks. I sent them an email, 2 days later I had it in hand.
Old 05-20-06, 09:03 AM
Defunct Account

I think the reason that so many people come to DDD's defense is because most people don't have the problems you've had. I have 3500+ DVDs and I buy a lot from DDD. I've never had the double billing or other goof-ups you've experianced, and I think they're great.

The only time an order took over a month to arrive, I called they sent another one out via priority mail and I had it in a few days. They're aces in my book.
Old 05-20-06, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yesterday my latest order from DDD, placed 12 days ago, arrived in perfect condition (7 DVDs), and my credit card was charged the correct amount.

A typical DDD transaction for me.
Old 05-20-06, 04:55 PM

I did nearly all my shopping with DDD & DDCD until two or three years back and like you have a largish collection but what always bothered me was that they hardly ever respond to e-mails. You had to phone them to find out anything. Granted phone service was generally ok. I switched one day to DVD Pacific and have never looked back. Pricing is similiar on a lot of titles I purchase and customer service via e-mail is excellent. Responses a lot of the time within minutes.
Old 05-21-06, 02:45 AM

im just amazed how much bad service i get from these people and how everyone else seems to have perfect service. but im guess im not allowed to tell my bad experiences here or the DDD commandos might get offended
If you're reading an "offended" tone into anyone's posts here, I suggest you try reading some of your own posts...you seem offended that no one else is having as many problems as you've had, and that no one is leaping to your defense when you complain about the quality of service you're getting from DDD and DDCD (the "morons" who seem only to screw up your orders), but who you continue to order from anyway. Give it a rest already. Or stop ordering from them and find something more constructive to do with your time than what you're doing here.
Old 05-24-06, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, I've never experienced any of this so I have no problem with them. I'll take slow shipping for their nice prices.
Old 05-24-06, 11:53 AM

I'll agree with the poor DDD service. If I choose free shipping they take weeks to arrive. Priority shipping of course is faster. What I hate is the stock status. I look to see if they are in stock before adding to my order. Inevitably, a few things are always out of stock. I then have to wait weeks for the backordered items to arrive. 2 out of 3 times, the disc is loose in the case and is damaged. I have since moved on and give my business to other online companies. Never had the double charge occur.
Old 05-25-06, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. Calamari
The big mystery here is why you continue to give them your business if you're having so many problems, especially since Amazon has so much better service and has yet to screw up one of your orders. Why not just cut your losses and stop ordering from DDD and DDCD, maybe you'll have a lot less stress in your life and you can enjoy the DVDs and CDs you've collected so far.

And yes, most of my DDD orders have taken a long time to arrive but I did choose Free Shipping, so I knew to expect a longer wait. So far I've never had any other problems with DDD, but maybe I'm just lucky.
i was going to ask the same question
Old 05-26-06, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DDCD messed up once on me. I ordered a huge box set for a friend and got something totally off. But one call to their customer service, and within 3 days I had a label to mail the wrong item back, and had the correct item within a week.

I've never had a lost, damaged, or incorrect package from DDD.

Slow shipping, sure, always, but I always get my orders without problems.
Old 05-29-06, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

still waiting for my april order, did get refunded finally for the double charge at least. goin on like 6-7 weeks now. and dont worry, DD fanboys, im done with them for good.
Old 05-29-06, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDKrayzie
and dont worry, DD fanboys, im done with them for good.
This will make everyone happier.
Old 05-29-06, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by marty888
This will make everyone happier.
you guys are pathetic

why dont you just go into every thread and when someone has a problem with these companies just say "why'd you use them?" who cares if DDD screws over people? Who cares if 7 weeks later you still dont have the items you paid for? how DARE you complain about the almighty DDD/CD!!!! they offer free shipping, don't they!!!!!!! ALL HAIL DeepDiscountCD,DVD.

i mean seriously, i'm in the STORE forum, posting about the shitty service I receive, which is basically the point of the forum, and ll you can contribute is "this makes everyone happier" why the hell even post?

hell, 4 of the first 10 threads are about how crappy DDD is, so it looks like im not even close to the only one.

Last edited by DVDKrayzie; 05-29-06 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-29-06, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you're reading an "offended" tone into anyone's posts here, I suggest you try reading some of your own posts...you seem offended that no one else is having as many problems as you've had, and that no one is leaping to your defense when you complain about the quality of service you're getting from DDD and DDCD (the "morons" who seem only to screw up your orders), but who you continue to order from anyway. Give it a rest already. Or stop ordering from them and find something more constructive to do with your time than what you're doing here.
yep no one has these problems? hence all the compaint threads. Also that's the point of this forum. I guess we should delete the threads

DDD going downhill?
Overstock horror stories
Best Buy: When is a Price-Match not a Price-Match?
eBay seller not responding, ideas?

from the 1st page. i mean those people have problems, but that's not too constructive now is it? Tell that guy he's a fool for using ebay and to close his account right now. Nobody ever use overstock again.

you're the same guy that is sucking up the the DDD poster in the downhill forum. you should hang out with that josh guy in all the sony threads.

Last edited by DVDKrayzie; 05-29-06 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-30-06, 01:17 AM

hell, 4 of the first 10 threads are about how crappy DDD is, so it looks like im not even close to the only one.
You are the only one who continues to whine about it. Why not contact DDD or DDCD and complain to them...maybe you'll get some kind of compensation from them, or maybe they can do something to expedite any orders you place with them in the future, if you ever do.

Or not.
Old 06-05-06, 11:34 AM
Cool New Member

I've been using DDD for several years now. Lately my orders from DDD have been arriving extremely slow. Living in Illinois I used to get orders in a couple days, now when I pre-order something I'm recieving it up to a month after it streets. They don't usually ship out 'till a week after it sez it will ship. And if it's something IN-Stock it still takes about 3 weeks. It's frustrating but their prices are so so damn tastey that I can't help myself. They only way I found to counter it is to continually order stuff so a steady stream is always arriving at my home. I've got my crooked eye on them....
Old 06-08-06, 12:43 PM

Well, I will remain a loyal customer...

Only ordered from them a few times. Paid for shipping twice and this last order I opted for free shipping. I got a major bargain on QAF final season at $60 and free shipping. It got here in 5 days, well before the prospective arrival they listed in the email. Every time I ordered, the dvds got here in just a few days (and I'm in NJ). Since Amazon is charging $75, and BB (in store) is $80 and Circuit City (except CC online where it's $109) & FYE didn't even bother to stock it, this is an unbeatable bargain. This dvd set isn't worth anywhere near $80. $60 isn't all that bad.
Old 06-08-06, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

<hr>

And as one of those DDD "defenders" I have to say that they've been problematic with me but no more, on average, than any other retailer. In fact, I ordered something from Amazon that I never got and they said, "Tough luck, we shipped it!" I stopped buying from Amazon for a couple of years.

As much as it's your right to complain on here, why not complain with your wallet. If you get sixty other people also quitting along with you that's close to half a million dollars worth of lost business to them. That has to be a pretty big dent no matter how you slice it.

Obviously, the savings (or our opinions?) are important enough to you that you keep dealing with them even after they don't deliver.
Old 06-08-06, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i've placed dozens of orders with DDD over the years and never had a single minute problem with anything. never. not one.