DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Will Foxstore.com have their 50% off sale? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/456312-will-foxstore-com-have-their-50%25-off-sale.html)

Chip718 02-18-06 08:35 AM

Will Foxstore.com have their 50% off sale?

Does anyone know if Foxstore.com is going to have their 50% off sale? I know they had it around this time for the last couple of years. Thanks for any info.

GeoffreyL 02-18-06 09:05 AM

If I recall right it was about the middle of april.

wennma01 02-18-06 09:20 AM

i don't know if i can ask this, but does anyone know how to better my chances at becoming eligible for this this year?

Chip718 02-18-06 09:45 AM

Thanks for your replies. I have been holding off on getting 24 & The Shield Season 4 Sets in hopes of this sale.

I think the only way to be eligible is to have purchased something from them.

The Cow 02-18-06 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by GeoffreyL
If I recall right it was about the middle of april.

Yep, I ordered on April 21 last year.

Sweet Baby James 02-18-06 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by wennma01
i don't know if i can ask this, but does anyone know how to better my chances at becoming eligible for this this year?

You need to register your e-mail address on their website. Last year, they e-mailed out the code to people that were already signed up on their site.:)

laserdogg 02-18-06 12:07 PM

last years ended on 5/9

http://www.foxstore.com/promotions/sale/authorized.html

Don't remember how early in April it started but i ordered during 1st week of May

wennma01 02-18-06 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
You need to register your e-mail address on their website. Last year, they e-mailed out the code to people that were already signed up on their site.:)

any idea if there is there a minimum amount of money you're supposed to spend, or do you just have to be signed up?

dx23 02-18-06 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by wennma01
any idea if there is there a minimum amount of money you're supposed to spend, or do you just have to be signed up?

There is no minimum, but they had an offer that if you spent $200 or more you had one DVD, which could be a box set, for free.

DVDMagic 02-18-06 01:59 PM

What were the prices on '24' seasons? I guess it'll be a toss up between this and DDD's 20% sale in June.

SlingshotBandit 02-18-06 03:23 PM

Speaking of which, does anyone know when DDD.com's next 20% off sale will be?

I keed... I keed! :D

Manzana 02-18-06 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James

Is it enough just to register or do you have to buy something? I guess the other important thing is to select send special offer annoucements.

I looked on my list of old accounts, and I had purchased something from them years ago from www.foxhome.com (now it's www.foxstore.com), but they don't recognize that email address or password, so they obviously dumped me out of their system. That's probably why I never get any of their special offers. I'd re-register if people think that will help me get the next 50% off sale, but if people know you have to have bought something first then there's no point in my bothering.

GeoffreyL 02-18-06 04:00 PM

I got the e-mail on two different e-mail addresses last year. I had never purchased anything from the site before. I had just signed up for the newsletter.

Living Dead 02-18-06 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by laserdogg
last years ended on 5/9

http://www.foxstore.com/promotions/sale/authorized.html

Don't remember how early in April it started but i ordered during 1st week of May

Well, I just created an account and then tried to register here, and it says I am not eligible. So it may be true you have to buy something from them first.

hondo21 02-18-06 04:17 PM

My orders for the past two 50% off sales were on 03/19/04 and 04/19/05. The coupon code in 2005 was "BLOWOUT."

I am waiting for this sale again too, to get the last two waves of Film Noirs for $6 per, and maybe some more M*A*S*H sets at about $15, although I've never had time to watch all of the ones I already have. :(

BKenn01 02-18-06 04:19 PM

How do you register to receive emails. I signed up, but there was nothing authorizing to receive the newsletter.

wennma01 02-18-06 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Living Dead
Well, I just created an account and then tried to register here, and it says I am not eligible. So it may be true you have to buy something from them first.

i think thats just the page from last year...i think you get an e-mail when the ale starts and that site is connected to the list of e-mailaddressed that thesale e-mail went out to

marty888 02-18-06 08:53 PM

In 2005, it was an <i>AFTER TAX DAY</i> sale ... here's hoping!

hondo21 04-15-06 08:38 PM

Still waiting patiently. I sure hope they have this sale again this year. Should be about time.

Sweet Baby James 04-15-06 09:09 PM

I just checked my filing cabinet and the e-mail invitation for the sale was dated April 18, 2005, so here's hoping for another.:fc:

Chip718 04-18-06 03:58 PM

Does anyone have any new info on this?

pilot 04-18-06 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Chip718
Does anyone have any new info on this?

I think people were assuming/hoping this would happen again..but..if there was any news you probably wouldn't be asking :)

sumdeus 04-30-06 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by pilot
I think people were assuming/hoping this would happen again..but..if there was any news you probably wouldn't be asking :)

I was certainly hoping that the sale would come back. I'm disappointed that it hasn't. I spent hundreds of dollars on this sale last year. Ever since FOX left Columbia House there's no cheap way to get the more recent titles.

hondo21 05-03-06 12:26 PM

All is quiet, not looking good for this year. I think I may just jump on the DDD Fox buy 2 get 1 free sale to get the Fox Film Noirs I need - works out to about $6.65 per DVD. Not that much more than the Foxstore.com 50% price ($5.99).

Of course, doing this should guarantee that the Foxstore.com sale shows up within a few days. You can thank me later. :)

Al Padrino 05-03-06 12:50 PM

I'm in the same boat. I have more or less everything from Fox I want outside of some TV titles and a few selections from the Noir and Studio Classics line. The current DDD sale will do just fine for taking care of the most of my Fox wish list.