Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Update to unhappy experience with Digitaleyes

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-05, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted an experience I had with Digitaleyes about 2 months ago in this forum and now the thread has apparently pruned and disappeared.

To summarize, I purchased 11 used DVDs from them a while back, where pretty much all the cases were damaged by these DE inventory stickers that were pulled off by someone in their shipping department causing me to be left with sticky damaged covers. (This would not have been the case had the stickers been pulled more carefully or placed on the spines instead of the covers to begin with.)

Among the regular amarays, 3 were double flip discs and one was an ex-rental case.

I mentioned this to digital eyes support, and was basically told that noone else had this problem, until a member from this forum (I forgot who), brought up that he had a similar problem like me where the cases were damaged.

On October 11, Mark from DE, offered a resolution to replace the cases which I jumped on, because even though I already shelled out extra to buy a pack of dvd cases to replace some of them, I still needed replacement cases for the 3 flip cases and an amaray for the ex-rental. So, I sent him an email that day.

I did not hear back from him, until I posted another message on the forum asking for an update to the situation which was 3 weeks later.

Mark emailed me back and told me that he could not get a hold of the flip case replacements and offered to refund me for the dvds if I shipped them back or would offer a small reimbursement to cover the costs of replacement cases. I chose the reimbursement, since it would be too costly and time consuming to return them.

Anyhow, it's been an additional 3 weeks, and after a couple of emails, I have still not received any followup reply from Digitaleyes regarding this reimbursement.

Just for the record, I have been a loyal customer at digitaleyes for over a year and placed several orders with them. I've purchased over 30 movies from them over this time (new and used) and never had a problem with the cases when buying used. I haven't bad mouthed Digitaleyes, and have always written to them with respect, and recommended the store to many people, so I don't know why I am being mistreated and ignored like this.

After waiting patiently for 2 months for a little fix to this problem and countless emails I still don't know what's going on.
Old 11-30-05, 02:21 PM

This one?

BTW, I had the same issue with wherehouse.com on Six Feet Under. Their sticker covered the original UPC, which couldn't be removed without damaging the pretty box. I chose to return them.

Last edited by ShallowHal; 11-30-05 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-30-05, 05:53 PM

Yes, that's the one!

Hopefully Digitaleyes will have this issue resolved soon because I've been waiting well over 2 months for a fix...
Old 12-24-05, 08:36 PM

I have problems with Digitaleyes since 3 months and they didn't fixed anything. I can't order with PayPal, it worked 4 months ago but I get a blank page since 3 months - the money transfer worked with PayPal, but the finalisation of the order don't work because of this blank page.
They said it's fixed now and everything is fine, but it doesn't work either and I found another forum for which people have the same problems with Digitaleyes + PayPal.

I tried Internet Explorer, Opera and Firefox and turned the security and firewall down. It worked with the same preferences a long time ago.
Old 12-24-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are you getting the error page? I have had this problem for months with Paypal and use XP.
Old 12-25-05, 06:44 AM

Yeah, I also use XP but it worked back then with the IE (but not with Firefox).
I don't get an error page only this blank screen in the browser from where I can't do anything.
Old 12-29-05, 03:52 PM

We are having isolated problems with PayPal. It appears to affect some international orders and customers that pay with ECheck. We are in the process of completely rewriting the shopping cart and we hope that this will resolve the problem. The cart re-design should be completed by the end of January. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
Old 12-29-05, 03:53 PM

Bonkit,

It is my understanding you were refunded for the cases. Please contact me if you are still waiting on this.

Mark
Old 01-04-06, 05:49 PM

I payed extra to have my items sent EXPRESS to Aust and I was sent an email stating that my items have been sent ordinary postage 10-20 days. Why has my item been sent ordinary post when I have paid for express??

As far as emailing goes they may as not well have one as the only place where I can get an answers from digital eyes is via this fourm.
Old 01-05-06, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by tom4321
I payed extra to have my items sent EXPRESS to Aust and I was sent an email stating that my items have been sent ordinary postage 10-20 days. Why has my item been sent ordinary post when I have paid for express??

As far as emailing goes they may as not well have one as the only place where I can get an answers from digital eyes is via this fourm.
Please e-mail me at [email protected] so I can look into this for you.