Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD: Placed my order on 19/11. .till today the package still haven't been shipped

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD: Placed my order on 19/11. .till today the package still haven't been shipped

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-05, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have placed an order on 19/11 from deepdiscountDVD (From HONG KONG) during their 20% sale, up till today I still found my order status is "OPEN". I've sent them an email and asked them about the shippping on Friday, they replied me and said that due to the large amount of orders, the process will be 2-3 days late and told me that the package will be shipped within 24-48 hrs.

But until today, I still see nthing but "OPEN" and after heard so many problems with the overseas order.. I have lost many of my confidence on DDD

Now, I would love to know,

1) Any body have the same problem as mine? late shipment?
2) Worse come to worse, can I just cancel my order? cos I don't want to end up wait for 2 months and came with scratched discs.

Advice me, all DVD shopping expert.

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited by edchiang; 11-27-05 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11-27-05, 01:29 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Welcome to DVDTalk!

Give them a few more days. They are swamped by the multitude of orders right now.

If you log into your account and check the order, there should be an estimate of shipping date. If the titles that you ordered are backordered, it will take a bit longer to replenish the stock but your account should show an estimate date though.

Should your DVDs arrived damaged, just email them and they would take care of you by replacing them. It's gonna take time but most international shoppers have good experience with them.
Old 11-27-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Its also possible that the order has already shipped and the account information hasn't been updated.
Old 11-27-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are probably extremely busy just with DVD Talk orders.

I have received both of my orders, so you may just need to give it a little more time.
Old 12-05-05, 04:36 AM

If they sent you shipment via media mail your screwd. Just read my Buffy Chosen post.. Sorry dude.. Just letting you know. Might as well have them credit back your card. Trust me, I live in the states and I'm having trouble collecting my order. YOU'LL THANK ME LATER.
Old 12-05-05, 05:28 AM

edchiang

I think with the amount of orders they are recieving, they could possibly take a longer time than usual to do the orders. It may be in your case they were waiting for stock to come in depending on what you ordered??

I know I just recently submitted an order for StarGate S1-S6. At that buy 1 get 1 free offer, so many people will be getting it.
Old 12-05-05, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm also waiting for a few backordered items.. impatiently I'll grant you, but I also realize that they're probably swamped. I'm sure it's all in the works.
Old 12-05-05, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They're shipping is kinda weird. My Charmed: S3 preorder I placed shipped a week earlier the release date but didn't show up until three weeks later. However, all my four orders during the 20% sale were processed within 1 day and showed up less than a week after I got the shiment confirmation email. This was all with the free shipping.
Old 12-14-05, 08:12 AM
Banned

DDD is the absolute worst place to buy, especially if you want a timely delivery. Time does not seem to matter to them, if I waited for them to ship my Wrestlemania Anthology set I would be still waiting. I paid more for it on Amazon.com and it was in my hand in under 24 hours. DDD couldn't do that in their wildest dreams...