Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD's "20% off" sale... deceptive?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.
View Poll Results: Have you noticed price increases? Will it effect what you buy?
Prices are up, still buying everything I had in mind
6.09%
Prices are up, still buying but not as much as before
31.30%
Prices are up, not buying
20.87%
Prices aren't up, still buying everything I had in mind
22.61%
Prices aren't up, still buying but not as much as before
6.09%
Prices aren't up, not buying
2.61%
10.43%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

DDD's "20% off" sale... deceptive?

Old 11-13-05, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Here's a thought...try minding your own business. My grievance is legitimate. I honestly doubt that there are a dozen people on this forum who have supported DDD more faithfully than I have over the course of the past four years. I vigorously promote them without any financial incentive to do so. Regarding DDD, this is my first complaint of any sort. When DDD is worthy of praise (which is the vast majority of the time), I give it...but on those rare occasions when they are deserving of criticism, I'll damn well give that too.
Your grievance isnt legitimate to many people, thats the problem. I'll reiterate something i read here because i totally agree with it. No legitimate business in all of america would run two sales concurrently. Your cart was fine and dandy one minute, but then that sale ended and another one began. Thats like every coupon i have ever seen says "Not valid with any other promotion of offer." Well, that happened to you here. DDD's sale price was no longer valid b/c they are now doing a 20% off all inventory sale. This is like you complaining that last week there was the Buy2Get1 sale and you arguing that you should get both Buy1Get1 AND 20%. Next time I guess you shouldnt have waited for the 20% sale before purchasing b/c you would have saved $110 if you had order "5 minutes ago."
Old 11-13-05, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sman113
Your grievance isnt legitimate to many people, thats the problem. I'll reiterate something i read here because i totally agree with it. No legitimate business in all of america would run two sales concurrently. Your cart was fine and dandy one minute, but then that sale ended and another one began. Thats like every coupon i have ever seen says "Not valid with any other promotion of offer." Well, that happened to you here. DDD's sale price was no longer valid b/c they are now doing a 20% off all inventory sale. This is like you complaining that last week there was the Buy2Get1 sale and you arguing that you should get both Buy1Get1 AND 20%. Next time I guess you shouldnt have waited for the 20% sale before purchasing b/c you would have saved $110 if you had order "5 minutes ago."

And what SkullOrchard is not posting (or I missed) are what titles went up? Were they the sets that were dramatically discounted before the sale started, some up to 50%? I know that in October, a lot of sales were going on from different studios. Those sales are OVER. I already posted my thoughts on the issue, just glad to see somebody else has some common sense.

And for others still upset about the supposed price changes:

I am not even sure why this thread is still open. Haven't we figured out that it's just a preception thing of the October sales ending and the new one beginning? DDDVD has been an outstanding company to deal with for quite some time. Just because they aren't running a 50% off sale on A&E sets (for example) and offering 20% off of those prices doesn't mean squat. One sale ended, another began. That doesn't make them a lousy company. They are still superior, and I have been impressed with their turn around time on my orders this time around. Great work DDDVD!!!
Old 11-13-05, 06:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am not even sure why this thread is still open.
At this point I think it should just be allowed to die a natural death... people keep bumping it though
Old 11-13-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sman113
I am not complaining about an expired sale. DDD's 'Buy1Get1Free offer' utilized a coupon that was automatically added to your cart, and that offer had a predetermined expiration date. Look at DDD's current home page, there are dozens of 'sale' titles that were not increased prior to this sale, and are not excluded from this sale. I'm complaining that regular catalog titles, DVDs that have remained at a stable price for months, were suddenly raised anywhere from 50% to 100% just moments before this sale started. This is the 5th 20% DDD sale that I'm aware of, These last minute price increases weren't commonplace in any of those previous sales.
Old 11-13-05, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
Here's a thought...try minding your own business.
Now you're showing real class.

What's the problem - I should shut up if I disagree with you? An opinion that differs from yours has no place here? Sorry, but a forum is a place for an exchange of ideas, not all of them yours.

(Obviously you are going to continue shouting from the rafters making the exact same point again and again, but since I've already pointed out how the VAST majority of people have an opinion that is at odds with yours, I'll no longer bother responding to what I suspect will be another week of your posts on this matter.)
Old 11-13-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since nobody can let this die peacefully, I will kill it..