Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Problem with an Amazon shipment, need advice

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-08-05, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered SW EPIII and Office Space from Amazon a few weeks ago using the SuperSaver shipping option (USPS media snail mail). It was shipped out from Kentucky on 10-28. As is typical, it was checked into Ohio on 10-31. I live in Wisconsin. Obviously, all is good so far.

On 11-03, it was checked into Jacksonville Florida (?!?!?). The tracking has not been updated since. Obviously, my package did a complete 180 and could possibly be lost.

At this point, what do I do? Complain to Amazon? Complain to the post office? Just wait? I'm not sure any of that will really do any good.
Old 11-08-05, 11:43 AM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Call amazon. That happened to a UPS package of mine. It was simply "lost". I called UPS about it (after it didn't seem to move in about a week and a half) and they said it was lost. So I then called amazon and they refunded my charge (UPS said they could not do anything for me because I was not the shipper).

Funny thing was that the package was "found" and did finally arrive. It took something like three weeks, but it eventually got here.

But anyway, call Amazon and they will (most likely) refund your money or re-ship your order.
Old 11-08-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ditto. I usually have found Amazon to be reasonable, esp. with something as obvious as this.

Phone number is in a sticky in the store forum...
Old 11-08-05, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, it's not too early to call them? The "expected arrival" date was given as 11/17. Which is something they always do (2+ weeks from ship date). Sometimes these places tell you to wait until after that date before they can do anything.
Old 11-08-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, it's never too early to call.

But if you wanted to wait till Thursday, when it will have been stuck for "a whole week", that might be better.

Just for kicks, have you searched for it directly at UPS website, or are you going directly through the Amazon feed? I've never known them to be different, but who knows.
Old 11-08-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll wait a few more days. The "it's been a whole week" sounds like a good argument.

Yup, I tried both sites. Same details.